FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome From TNBC Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 330>
Author
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 8:36pm
Ok, that makes me feel better.  Thanks!
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:03pm
Welcome to our community!

wdbm11:  I know you are concerned about the chemo, but really the old drugs work for us! We don't have much in the area of research for new meds, but some are finding the PARPs and other new types so hang in there and don't worry about the chemo, it will work!  I know it seems like we are dropped like a hot potato after tx but as Trip2 (Pam) has said " we must inform them of what is going on with our treatment, etc." so give them a call and discuss it with the nurse and she will tell the physician... Let us know how you make out! 

mraygj:  We type A's need to learn to receive.... and that means asking too!  I know, we are so used to being the ones' doing the giving, well this is your time now so remember, always say yes, that would be nice and make a list of things you need and when someone asks "what do you need", then you have your answers ready!  You will get through this a better, stronger person!  I have.......Bless you on this journey!  Hugs, Helen in NS

Azalea36:  Blessings for SURE!  Welcome and join us on the Spiritual Forum if you like.....We are a very open, loving and knowledgeable bunch of women and men.  Although not physicians we have an abundance of first hand experience!  Lean on us, we are here for all of you!
Hugs, Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 6:18pm
Hello Azalea and welcome,

Thank heavens you had that second opinion! 

We appreciate your sharing your story, we all learn from each other's experience.

Best wishes,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
hydeskate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydeskate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 7:11am
I just found this website when I was researching my next possible treatment PARP inhibitor.  I was dx Dec 07 with TNBC-METS in liver spots on lungs, BRAC1+ at age 29 a little over a year after my mother lost her 5 year battle with ovarian cancer.  It was like the twilight zone I litterally spent two weeks in and out of UNC Cancer hospital as they performed one scan after another, biopsies and find out I had Stage IV.  I was alergic to Taxol so I end up taking Abraxane/AC/Radation/Abraxane, I was blessed with no side effects from the chemo I had chemo in the morning at was at work in the afternoon.  
Now I am NED and hoping to stay that way.
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 10:10am
Welcome and so glad you are NED!
Diag 11/06/09 @ 40; Diag w/ TNBC Stage IIA, Grade 3 12/01/09 Node Neg. Dble MX with Recon 12/09 (twice)
Chemo 1/13/10 Chemo done 4/22/10 More recon surg 07/10, PET/CT Scan clear 07/10 NED 07/11
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 10:10am
Hydeskate,

Welcome.  You've found a wonderful forum of caring people that will help you through your journey.  You'll never be alone with this disease again.  Did you have surgery or just treatment from chemo?  It sounds like the chemo was very effective and I pray that you'll be NED for a very long time!  We all want to dance with NED.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 1:47pm
Hydeskate,
So happy to hear that you are dancing with NED!  He's your favorite partner and we want you to stay with him forever!
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
Twin Sister View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twin Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 4:13pm
Just finished my 12th Taxol yesterday.  I am officially chemo complete.  I give thanks to God and to all those who kept me in daily prayer.  I thought the 4 AC would do me in, but I made it through.  Thanks be to my strong faith and that of so many others.  Taxol was tough but doable.  I discovered Claritan D late in that game during a sinus infection.  What a miracle drug.  It made me feel like my pre-cancer self mentally, emotionally.  See the radiation doc on Friday to set up for 5 - 7 weeks of daily radiation.  Tell me, oh experienced ones, what to expect?
DX4/10IDCSt2Gr3BRCA-Lump4/30/10, port,A/Cx46/14/10;wklyTaxol8/10ended 11/10/10.Rads35xbegin 11/10. LumpRBreastB9
2/2011,MammoOK 8/11 PET-metsIntlMamryChain12/11Xeloda,IMRT8wks;5/12 Mets,Stage4
hhhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Twin Sister Twin Sister wrote:

Just finished my 12th Taxol yesterday.  I am officially chemo complete.  I give thanks to God and to all those who kept me in daily prayer.  I thought the 4 AC would do me in, but I made it through.  Thanks be to my strong faith and that of so many others.  Taxol was tough but doable.  I discovered Claritan D late in that game during a sinus infection.  What a miracle drug.  It made me feel like my pre-cancer self mentally, emotionally.  See the radiation doc on Friday to set up for 5 - 7 weeks of daily radiation.  Tell me, oh experienced ones, what to expect?

Congratulations on being done! My mom is currently halfway thru chemo and i sure do give it up to her and everyone else who takes it like a champ -- it really is such a tough time. Can you tell me what Claritin D did? What did u take use it for? I'm wondering if it could also be of any benefit to my mom. 
Daughter of one of the most amazing women in the world...

she was diagnosed 8/2010, had lumpectomy, TAC X 6, rads.

52 yrs, stage 2A (3cm, no nodes), triple neg, grade 3
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 5:45pm
Hello Hydeskate, congratulations, it's so good to hear the treatment worked for you, thanks so much for sharing your story.

Twin Sister, congratulations to you on completing your chemo, boy that feels good doesn't it??

You might try typing radiation in the forum search, you should pull up plenty of comments.  Also you might try starting a new topic/thread in the "Talk" section, sometimes questions get lost in a thread.

Also check out the TNBC News/Resource section where we have a topic called "Radiation Tips".

I had radiation treatments in 03, the worst was the long drive back and forth.  The treatment itself is quick once you have your first appointment to get you set up.  Fatique is what I remember the most, some of that may have been the drive everyday and also got a nice tan..shouldn't have too many problems.  They will probably give you samples of a skin cream you can use, they did for me.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 7:39pm
hhh-

The Claritin helps with the bone pain.  I didn't find out about it until my last treatment but it helped for that one.
hydeskate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydeskate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 3:41am
Originally posted by 123Donna 123Donna wrote:

Hydeskate,

Welcome.  You've found a wonderful forum of caring people that will help you through your journey.  You'll never be alone with this disease again.  Did you have surgery or just treatment from chemo?  It sounds like the chemo was very effective and I pray that you'll be NED for a very long time!  We all want to dance with NED.

Donna
Thanks Donna,

I had Abraxane/AC/Double Mastecomy/Radiation/Abraxane.   I was suppose to have Radiation last but a developed an infection after a round of Abraxane which result in a emergency room visit, so we switched to Radiation and then finished up Abraxane for Fall.  My scan after the Radiation was Clean but they decided to due another round of Abraxane at a higher doesage.
briestarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briestarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 1:13pm
Hello ladies, 
It has been awhile since I have posted...  but, here it goes!  I have spent all week visiting with all my doctors and according to all of them, I am Cancer Free and doing extremely well!!  I feel fantastic and full of energy!  I decided to no longer go to my support group  meetings... the group was had a negative feel and I don't need that right now!  I have been back to work for almost 3 months now and doing very well!  My two other cancer survivor friends and I went to a Survivor Luncheon last month and it was just beautiful!!  There were over 400 people there and at least 75 survivors!  The rest of the people were supporters, and without them, we just wouldn't be here!
My daughter and my friend went with me and just had a wonderful time!!

I hope all is well with all of you... 
Brenda Hill
DX TNBC Feb 2010
age 48
Lumpectomy 2cm
6 nodes removed, all clear
Chemo A/C and Taxol 8 sessions
Radiation 33x
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
abcmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 1:27pm
That is so wonderful!  I am glad to hear that you are doing so well.  
Mary58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 1:37pm
Awesome news Brenda.  Thanks for updating us.  THIS is the kind of story we ALL need to hear.  Those survivor events are awesome.  I went to a Susan Komen walk and was tear-filled to look at all the brave survivors in front of me.    Great news!   Mary< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Dx: 1/10, 5mm, 1/28/10 SN negative, lumpectomy, 30 rads, no chemo.
zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 6:31pm
Brenda, it's wonderful to hear you are cancer free.  You certainly don't need any negative vibes around you!  I'm glad you are back at work and enjoying life. 
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
NanceD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NanceD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2010 at 9:08pm
Congratulations Brenda!  Life IS good!  Keep going on that wonderful journey!
Nance
trishiecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trishiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2010 at 1:09am
I apologize for the post.  I have removed it.  My children no longer want to hear my whining so instead of verbalizing I posted it to you lovely innocent people.  Thank you for all your caring comments, I really do appreciate your replies.

Thank you,
trish

Edited by trishiecat - Nov 13 2010 at 8:42pm
Mary58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2010 at 10:17am
Trishie - Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and life with all of us women.  We will always be here to support and encourage you.  You are not alone in your walk.  You have lived and are living through some challenging and painful moments but one thing this site always will give you is an audience to support your journey.  There has got to be some government programs that help you with your treatments.  I'm sure some very wise women who know about them will be able to pipe in.
There is a wealth of knowledge here - stay put - stay with us.  You are not alone.   You have reached our hearts and thank you for your vulnerability.  You have a lot to share.  Prayers to you today and every day.  It is all a mystery that some day will be known.   Mary
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Dx: 1/10, 5mm, 1/28/10 SN negative, lumpectomy, 30 rads, no chemo.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2010 at 10:45am
Trishie, wow, I'm so moved by what you wrote.  You are a beautiful person.  Thanks for sharing yourself with us.
love,
Denise

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 330>
  Share Topic