FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tnbc diet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tnbc diet
    Posted: Feb 21 2020 at 4:06pm
Many thanks for the links, Suebhs.  Both are very interesting and I could relate my own circumstances to some parts of the studies.
Suebhs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suebhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2020 at 10:50am
Here's another interesting study looking at the association between BMI, exercise, diet and other factors in relation to TNBC.
Suebhs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suebhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2020 at 10:15am
I've been curious about diet as well. Met with the registered dietician at my oncology office and her recommendation was also a plant based, low fat diet. My oncologist referenced a Mediterranean type diet. They had no specific recommendations as far as eliminating any particular foods that have been linked to TNBC. Just mainly common sense advice like eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, some whole grains, fish, chicken, exercise regularly, maintain a healthy weight. Also there's a study that links regular green tea consumption and exercise with a reduced risk of reccurrence of tnbc.                                                                                                   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4586952/

Edited by Suebhs - Feb 21 2020 at 10:30am
Marymom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2020 at 7:38pm
So, I have heard a plant based diet is best for us.  Does anyone have suggestions On what they have researched or what they do for what foods are best for us.  A lot of confusing information out there...so, I thought I would bring it to this forum.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic