FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confusing follow up PET/CT results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acceptinglife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acceptinglife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confusing follow up PET/CT results
    Posted: Feb 12 2020 at 8:42am
I am a 2-time TNBC survivor (2008 & 2013-underwent mastectomies and chemo). 3 months ago PET/CT detected suspicious nodes left underarm, underwent biopsy-results benign. Underwent another PET/CT this week-more nodes showed up and previous ones grew. Doctor is ordering 3 more biopsies for suspicious nodes. Unfortunately, I only spoke with a nurse and she couldn't answer my detailed questions. I have Lupus and the breast oncologist previously thought that the inflammation of nodes was a result of an active flare. I am concerned about the subpectoral nodes because those have NEVER lit up before.

Here are my results:

"There is interval increase in size and number of FDG avid lymph nodes in the left subpectoral region/left axilla. Biopsied left subpectoral lymph node with a biopsy clip measures 1.4 x 1 cm demonstrating FDG uptake with max SUV of 3.2. Additional left subpectoral/axillary lymph node seen on image 76 series 5 more posteriorly and superiorly measures 1.3 x 0.9 cm demonstrating FDG uptake with max SUV of 2.7. A

1.5 x 0.6 cm subpectoral lymph node seen on image 74 series 5 also demonstrates FDG uptake which is less than background, is suspicious as it is increased from previous. 3 other subcentimeter left axillary lymph nodes and 1 additional subpectoral lymph nodes demonstrate low level FDG activity new since previous."

QUESTION:

Has anyone had these kind of results that results in a positive malignancy outcome or not? I know that no one can predict outcomes, but I am just curious.

6/26/08 DX TNBC, Grade III, Stage II, 0/17 nodes, KI-67 80%, BRCA-,R-mx&recon 7/08. 8/2012 mammo NED, 6/2013 DX New primary TNBC tumor L-mx&recon. Age 38
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic