FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 9:19am
Connie, I hope the liver thing is a false alarm.  By getting scans, we really open ourselves to fear, as every little irregularity becomes suspect.  

Today is my day off.  I walked my 8 year old to school; drove my 11 year old to school and my husband to bart; came home to breakfast, coffee, and a newspaper in a blissfully empty house; and took a long walk with a dear friend, going round and round the middle school track as we talked about our lives.  So far, so good.
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
BrendaF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 11:19am
Today - this morning showed the promise of spring, and this afternoon is saying "ha, just teasing - did you forget this is Cleveland?"  But, I'm watching chickadees, cardinals, robins, and woodpeckers playing in the tree just outside the window, and feeling pretty good about my life.

Brenda
Dx 2005 2 cm, 5/12 nodes, A/C + T, 28 rads.
Dx mets 12/07 mediastinal and supraclavicular nodes, carbo + taxotere X 6.
brain, lymph, pleura, bone mets. Started Xeloda 8/24/09
HairSprayMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairSprayMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 11:40am

Earlier this week I put my fears and anxiety aside and spent the afternoon outside with my Baby Girl Nikole who is 3. For a whole hour I did not worry about anything just enjoyed listening to her laughter and chasing my dog Brandy around on a beautiful Alabama spring day.

Regina
39 yr old. DX Metaplastic Carcenoma/Triple Negative IIIb 9-26-07, bilat mod rad MX 10-1-07, 2.7cm in Chest Wall. Dense dose Chemo 11/07-03/08 AC/Tax. NED 4-09 YEA! Deconstructed 12-13-10 & Happy!
josie33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josie33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 11:40am
Connie, I will say an extra prayer for you--it could be a lot of things besides cancer--wishing you good news in early April and some peace of mind until then... 
Sister DX'ed 11/08
Lumpectomy & SN biopsy 12/08
1.6 cm tumor, poorly differentiated, lymphovascular invasion, node neg (0/2)
Stage 1
DD A/C x 4, Taxol x 4, to be followed by rads
Linda S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 12:49pm
Well, met with the thoracic surgeon yesterday. Reviewed all my scans and found there are three hot lymph nodes in the media stinum, a hot spot in the lining of the left lung and several nodules in both lungs. Also, a pocket of fluid on the left lung. The surgeon is talking three options, one of which he can't do (experimental/new procedure for the biopsy of the lymph nodes). He has forwarded all my files to a 2nd surgeon in another state. The two options he can handle himself involve a 3-5 day hospital stay. I am sure someone out there has been the happy recipient of some of this stuff. Long story short, the surgeon sent my file to the 2nd surgeon for review and the two of them staffed this with my onc. Apparently time is of the essence and the 2nd surgeon is out of town for the next week, so I'm not sure my onc will go for that. I am now waiting for a call from the surgeon to schedule whichever procedure they are going to do. Soooo... I am again in a holding pattern. I hope all this makes sense to someone, because I can barely keep it straight in my head. Scared? No. God is still in control. Same as yesterday, last year, today, tomorrow... My prayers to you, Connie, that all goes well.
Linda S
DX 5/08, A/Cx4,carboplatin, abraxane,bi-lateral mast
11/2008, 9 cm,21/22node positive.rad 5 wks; mets to mediastinum/lungs 4/09. Xeloda/Navilbine w/pending biopsy for skin mets.
Beth Anne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2009 at 4:12pm
Today another early morning trek to Doctor to check in with the onc only to find out I have a blood clot in my leg ughhhh....Confused

The great news I got todayBig%20smile.... At last my cyber knife treatment is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon at 2:30!

It was one month today from being dx with brain mets! Cry
Cry
What a roller coaster it has been if someone body finds the stop button please hit it so I can get off  LOL

Life is good and no one ever said it would be easyApprove

Hugs,
Beth Anne

LOL

Edited by Beth Anne - Mar 27 2009 at 4:15pm
Dx 5/07 DCIS Stage3 gr9 A/C x 6, Abrax x 16 Bi-Mass 2/08
Navelbine x 12, finished radiation end of July 08. DX Brain Met's 2/09StageIV
CK3/09.Brain resection4/09 WBR
Dreaming of dancing with Ned!
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 1:42pm
Beth Anne, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday, wishing you perfect results from your surgery and a fast recovery. 

Today I took a walk in the city with Alan, my baby brother, and his husband Daniel.  We walked all over the city (SF), taking in all the wonderfully weird gardens and architecture.  On the way home I stopped at Flowerland to buy some more plants for my garden - more strawberries, edamame, squash, cucumbers, and tomatoes.  In the afternoon I harvested some spinach, planted all my new babies, and am about to take a nap.  The kids are running around, singing with the karaoke machine and making messes in the kitchen, and my husband is putting together a bunk bed for Talia.  Tonight we go to dinner at a dear friend's.   A good day!

Love,
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
cgraves3rv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgraves3rv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 4:48pm
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, prayers and messages.  Linda S. you are in my prayers also.  The biopsy is April 1, and the follow up is April 8.  We haven't told my sister who just had a liver transplant.  I don't want to worry her.  I have searched the forum and there are 20 pages with the word liver (and deliver) and I've gone through 10 of them.  I took a few days off and now I'll hit the books again so to speak.  I want to be informed just in case.  I'm more optimistic but like all of us, not happy.    Good new is I celebrate 22 years with a wonderful supportive husband March 30th.  We got new wedding rings a few days ago so there's some new bling to look at.  Hugs and prayers to everyone.  Connie
cduvall1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cduvall1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 4:56pm
Today was another day of planting flowers in my friend Bernard's yard.  Soon I will leave here and head home, but I will have left the promise of tomatoes and pretty flowers in his yard. 

Yesterday evening we went to a k d lang concert.  She was great.  I thought about the adaptations she has had to make in her life, all the while trying to share her tremendous singing talent with the public.  The audience of over 2,000 at the Mondavi Center in Davis, Ca was so tremendously receptive and appreciative of her talent.  What a day!  Thanks again to the women of TNBC for being here.Clap
Carol
dx 3/08 age 63, invasive metaplastic carcinoma, 2cm, node neg, grade 3, stage I, lumpectomy 5/08,AC 4x, Taxol 12x weekly, radiation 5wk, NED 4/29/09
Barb-42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barb-42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 5:14pm
Today I attended a Seminar titled...

Positive Steps After the Diagnosis of Breast Cancer

There were various subject's and speaker's.

Coping Strategies
Management of Lymphedema,Healthy diet Tips, Helpful exercise.
Family Communication and Survivorship Care Plan

I really enjoyed being there among other's who have gone or are going through what I have.

Take Care,
Barb
dx-1/2/08 @ 42 yrs.old
lumpectomy w/close margins/ 1/14/08- no nodes/stage 1/gr.3
1.5 CM IDC
chemo-AC-3 Dose Dense
Taxol wkly 12- 2/21/08-7/17/08
Rads-33 w/8 boosts
8/6/08-9/22/08
BRCA 1/2 Neg.
Yankeespie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yankeespie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 6:10pm
Connie my thoughts and prayers are with you! We all will be with you April 1st and 8th.

And Extra warm blanket of hugggs for you...
Bev
Dx 2-10-09
Er neg Pr neg Her2 neg 1+
Double Mastectomy 3-2-09
2.7cm grade 3
Lymph Nodes neg
NO reconstruction, NO chemo
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Linda S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2009 at 7:05pm
Bev, Your 'blanket of hugs' for Connie brought me a very warm thought I wanted to share. When I was initially diagnosed, each of the people I worked with (both men and women), made a quilt patch. I could easily identify the creator of each square based on the theme. One lady volunteered to piece them all together and the beautiful quilt was presented to me at a staff meeting. It was one of the most beautiful and wonderful gifts I have ever received and I keep it near for strength when I need it.
Linda S
11/2008, 9 cm,21/22node positive.rad 5 wks; mets to mediastinum/lungs 4/09. Xeloda/Navilbine w/pending biopsy for skin mets.
cgraves3rv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgraves3rv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2009 at 8:14pm
Well I had a wonderful radiologist for the liver biopsy.  He showed me and DH the scan from the previous week.  One large cyst and about 5 small ones.  He biopsied the large one.  No pain or discomfort at all.  But before they start the procedure they run you through the tube a few times and  I broke down for the first time.  They were wonderful and stopped everything and gave me some medication (joy juice of some kind).  When I was ready they did the biopsy.  I'll see the oncologist on Wed. and I'm prepared to start battle #2.  So many of you have fought and won so I'll join your ranks.   Connie
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yankeespie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 2:07am

My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Wed.! This song is for you and my other Sisters here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zbn7Khv8zM

Extra Warm Blanket of Hugs to you Connie!

Love, Bev
Dx 2-10-09
Double Mastectomy 3-2-09
2.7cm grade 3
Lymph Nodes neg
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Beth Anne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 2:55am
Connie,
Sending  you hugs for good newsHug

Beth Anne
Dx 5/07 DCIS Stage3 gr9 A/C x 6, Abrax x 16 Bi-Mass 2/08
Navelbine x 12, finished radiation end of July 08. DX Brain Met's 2/09StageIV
CK3/09.Brain resection4/09 WBR
Dreaming of dancing with Ned!
Kcsacco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcsacco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 5:00am
Hello all.   Today I'm grateful for good friends.  
On Wednesday, we (my Oncologist and I) decided the current Chemo wasn't working (Tumor markers continue to elevate).   so my tumor is Taxane resistant (was on Imprexa).   Switched to Epirubicin with Avastin on Friday.  Planning to add Navelbine with the next go round in 3 weeks.

and we continue the fight.
Alisa
DX 3/07 7cm tumor L breast, Neoadjuvant Chemo
L Mastectomy 8/07
Radiation and more chemo
Finished 12/08   NED 3/08
Reconstruction 9/08
Recurrance 1/09 Multiple chemos
3/10 Parp with chemo
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yankeespie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 5:55am

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you Kcsacco...

Extra warm blanket of Hugs for you!
Love, Bev
Dx 2-10-09
Double Mastectomy 3-2-09
2.7cm grade 3
Lymph Nodes neg
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Linda S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 8:06am
Alisa:

My heart and prayers are with you. You are sooooo very brave. Keep up the good fight!
Linda S
Linda S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 8:49am

Just got back from a week visit with my daughter and her family. LOVE THAT GRANDBABY!

Have an appt on Wednesday with surgeon who will see if he can do a less invasive lung biopsy through the bronchial tubes. This would be out patient or overnight at worst. The first surgeon could only do an invasive procedure requriing 3-5 days inpatient, so he referred me for this other procedure. Keeping my hopes up but too many hot spots showing on PET/CT so not setting myself up for disappointment.

Gaining my courage from all of you out there who are going thru this. True sisters in such an awful battle.

Linda S
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 10:27am
This morning I did yoga with dear friends at Laura's beautiful house, then sat in the sun on her deck drinking lattes and talking.  Now I'm home, about to work in the garden and maybe finally get started on the mosaics that currently live only in my imagination.  Tomorrow we go to Monterey, and then to LA for Passover.  Our van will be full, with me, Joel, our girls, and three dogs. 

Life is precious!!

-Denise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 77>
  Share Topic