FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tnbc with the BRCA gene

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cherylbrca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherylbrca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tnbc with the BRCA gene
    Posted: May 25 2012 at 12:39pm
Looking for others that are have tnbc and also the brca gene. So that we can see what is  being tried and  working and to support one another. Please come to the fb page that was just started.

henn9438 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henn9438 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 1:44am
Thanks for the support.  Will keep in touch.
adem
eschindler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eschindler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2016 at 5:04pm
Hi All,
I notice that this thread is kind of inactive. I did sign up for the FB group, but I was wondering if anyone is actively checking this thread.
If so, I would love the chance to share experiences and challenges with other BRCA+ TNBC survivors.
Thanks,
Emily
AmyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2016 at 10:43am
I am BRCA+. Was diagnosed with stage 2a on May 17. Starting dose dense AC-T chemo on Thursday.
Trying to be positive. But afraid of what's to come.
romnessprite2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romnessprite2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2016 at 2:35am
Hi. Im brca+ also and done with treatment. This thread isnt very active. Try tnbc talk. On this site that one is the most active
Stage 3A. TNBC Diagnosed 9/15/15 2cm grade3. 4AC & 12taxl .double mastectomy3/8/16. 25 rads finished6/2. xeloda started 7/7/16 stopped xeloda because of side effects7/14/16. BRCA+
newalex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2018 at 4:05am
Hi, I went to the Facebook group and the group is closed.
Meadow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2018 at 6:51pm
I am BRCA1+. I finished treatment for TNBC in May 2010. Have you looked at FORCE (www.facingourrisk.org)? A lot of folks on that site have not had cancer, but many have. The message boards there have become less active in the past few years, but there's a good search tool for searching past discussions. The site also has lots and lots of vetted medical information. You can also sign up to get one-on-one support from a volunteer (I'm a volunteer). And in some cities there are live FORCE support groups that meet regularly. Take care.
hamaldonado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamaldonado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2021 at 11:20pm
I am newly diagnosed with BRCA and TNBC (3 cm in left breast).  Just at the very beginning of my journey.  I requested to join the facebook group.

Ternishab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ternishab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2023 at 1:28pm
Hello, my name is Ternisha Burnett, and I was just watching Robin Roberts giving her testimony on her journey on YouTube . I am 36 years old, and I was diagnosed with triple-negative Brca gene breast cancer stage two 
on April 16, 2022. In the beginning, everything started out fine, but then towards the end of my treatment, they started having complications. I don't know anyone here in Orlando, Florida, that I can talk to who has a similar cancer that I had.  September 15, 2022, this was my last treatment, and I had my double mastectomy on September 8, 2022. I was recently in a car accident at the beginning of this year 2023 with a driver who did not see me. With that being said, I've been going through so much physical and mental pain. I have headaches that have been lasting for 10 days now that I can't get rid of. My oncologist just told me yesterday that I could possibly have a tumor in my brain, and I do not know what to do. I'm lost for words because they cannot do an MRI because of my expanders. I would have to remove them in order to get an answer. I feel so lost angry and upset because I don’t understand why I was not told this in the beginning that having triple negative that it can affect so much. I did not know this and I don’t know if any of you are going through this that can help and give me words of encouragement. Cry
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 2:26pm
Hi Ternisha,

I am so sorry for everything you are going through.  You are so young.  I just turned 50 and I was diagnosed TNBC, BRCA2+ last month.  Treatment starts Thursday, March 16th.

Did your headaches start after the car accident?  Do you have a history of headaches?  Did your imaging show any metastasis or was your cancer only in the breast?  I am a research nurse and can share everything I know about TNBC and the BRCA mutation.  

Stay well and please keep in touch!
Tiffany
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic