FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC diagnosis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2020TNBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2020TNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNBC diagnosis
    Posted: Jun 17 2020 at 9:00am
Hi my mom got diagnosed with TNBC back in December and she's almost finished her chemotherapy. She did 12 weeks taxol with carboplatin every 3rd week and know finishing up her AC chemotherapy. When the doctor went to examine where the tumour was a couple of weeks ago he couldn't feel anything, is that a sign that the chemo is working ?. The diagnosis was stage 2 (2.5cm)tumour grade 2 and the doctor said it was contained and no lymph node involvement and it was caught early.
Just have two questions what is the prognosis for this and how big could a tnbc tumour grow in 5-6 months cause she was meant to have a mammogram in June or July and she cancelled due to a broken arm. She was running to the phone cause I was calling her probably for something stupid and she fell and I feel reasonable that the cancer wasn't caught earlier and I feel guilty but the doctor said because tnbc grows quick maybe it wouldn't of shown up on the mammogram just looking for some advice thanks.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2020 at 10:39am
Hello and welcome,

It's a good sign that the doctor can't feel the tumor, which means the chemo is doing it's job.  If after surgery your mom achieves a pCR (pathological complete response), the prognosis is very good.  Regarding delaying the mammogram, her doctor is correct about TNBC growing very quickly.  There have been many stories in this group where someone had a normal mammogram and then one or two months later finds a large tumor.  It's so easy during this cancer journey to question everything and worry about what you may have done wrong. Please be kind to yourself. 

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

2020TNBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2020TNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2020 at 7:32pm
hi Donna thank you very much for replying and for the advice much appreciated Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic