FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Coffee Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474849
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 7:18pm
Beautiful!!

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 7:53pm
I agree with you Denise.

Beautiful!!

God Bless,
Lillie

Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
btstark2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btstark2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:10am
Hi girlfriends,

I am reading through the posts on this thread and just thanking God for all of you!  I love it that we keep this thread going, which was started by Kim (Pink Warrior) years ago now.  

I wanted to pick your brains on TNBC day coming up on March 3.  One thing that I though of to do for TNBC day is to make a special donation to the TNBC Foundation in memory of Kim and our friend Anne (Boo) from Canada who passed away last fall.  They were both so special to me.  

Also, I intend to sign up on Amazon to make TNBC Foundation the charity that will get a donation based on my purchases.  

Do any of you have other ideas for other things we can do to support the TNBC day, that don't take much time (since my free time is pretty limited between full-time job, trips to Chicago for my treatment, and taking care of kids and husband and church stuff)?

Beth
2008 Stg1 TNBC, LX, FEC+T, rads
2010 2.5cm tumor BRCA-, BMX,CMF
2011 LN mets, Gem/Carbo, surgery, rads
2012 lung mets, PI3Ki/taxo
2013 anti-PD-1
2014/15 Xeloda, IMMU-132, eribulin
Aug 2015 Keytruda
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:29pm
Hi Beth,

The Amazon charity sign up is a great idea. I buy a lot of things from Amazon; I should sign up TNBC as my charity of choice too. I wonder if others know they can do this. 

If anyone comes up with a good idea for TNBC day - I would love to donate or participate. I will think about this as the day is coming up soon. It was good to read that you are doing well with the new treatment. I certainly hope you continue to do well and hopefully even get back to NED. 

Take Care,
Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:03pm
I read about the Amazon TNBC charity sign up yesterday afternoon.  My husband had asked me to order some new work pants for him.  Guess What????  I have ordered his pants from Amazon for a few years now. 
I signed up for the TNBC charity and ordered his pants.  It was exciting to read that a portion of what I purchased would go into our charity. 
Thanks for the information.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 11:53am
Did anyone see the ESPN ESPY's?  Stuart Scott, ESPN Sports Center Anchor, received the Jimmy V Perseverance Award.  

"When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you lived, why you lived and in the manner in which you lived," Scott said. "So live. Live. Fight like hell. And when you get too tired to fight, then lay down and rest and let somebody else fight for you."

From USA Today:

As Scott graced the stage at the Nokia Theatre, there was no need for his usual catchphrases and any sort of shtick. He spoke as a man constantly reminded of his own mortality, one who had just been through four surgeries in the past ten days and wasn’t even sure over the weekend if he would have the strength to be at the show.

It was raw, it was honest and it was inspiring.

“When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer,” Scott told the audience. “You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.”

One of the hardest things to understand as a family member, friend or co-worker of someone with a terminal illness is often times why routine is so important. Why wouldn’t you want to travel? Why keep working so hard?

Scott answered that question in the video before coming on stage.

“I have to feel as much as I can as though I don’t have cancer, although I think about cancer 20 times a day,” he said.

As his speech went on, Scott mentioned how much assistance he’s had from his co-workers, family members and loved ones over the past few months.

“This whole fight, this journey thing, is not a solo venture,” he said. “This is something that requires support.”

After last night’s segment, he’s going to have a lot more of it as he continues his fight.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/stuart-scott-espys-speech-espn-valvano-cancer

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 3:04pm
Donna,

Thanks so much for posting. This is very inspiring, enlightening and helpful. It reminded me to think about the whole cancer, life, death, etc. experience again through another's eyes. It also reminded me of all those who came here for support and truly accomplished the goal stated, though they are still missed and held in our hearts and minds.
Love and Peace,
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
JackiWalkr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackiWalkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 5:38pm
No I didn't see the Espy's. I will look it up when I get home.    Sounds wonderful.

My husband still has this beautiful tie that Vinny designed way back.

Love the name of this thread - The Coffee Shop. I will stop by often.

DX IDC TNBC 3/31/14 Age 46 Stage 2a, Grade 3, 2.1cm, 0 nodes, (4)Carbo(5)Taxol. AC DD 4 of 4. Lumpectomy 10/30/2014 NED. 33 Rads 2/12/15. BRCA 1/2 normal=negative
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 8:24pm
Donna,

I am so happy you posted this here! It brought a smile to my face to see a new posting in the coffee shop :)

And awesome quotes too!

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 9:11pm
Thank you Donna!  I too am smiling to see this thread revived, and am even sipping a latte as I read!
d

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
btstark2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btstark2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:12am
Good morning, Friends.  I am grateful for the rain this morning as I sip my cuppa.  I am also marveling at the mild summer we have had in the St Louis area.  It has been delightful.  My daughter Kaci and I were also very lucky to have a fabulous trip to Italy in July!

Donna and I have been wondering what has become of Snickers.  She has not posted since March, and I believe she had brain mets at that time.  Has anyone heard anything?  I also looked on the Pups 4 Partners facebook page as she is part of that organization (I think maybe she was leading it?), and I didn't see any new posts since March.  

Snickers, are you hanging in there? Praying that you are doing OK.

Love and peace,
Beth
2008 Stg1 TNBC, LX, FEC+T, rads
2010 2.5cm tumor BRCA-, BMX,CMF
2011 LN mets, Gem/Carbo, surgery, rads
2012 lung mets, PI3Ki/taxo
2013 anti-PD-1
2014/15 Xeloda, IMMU-132, eribulin
Aug 2015 Keytruda
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 7:00pm
Local mom's message about breast cancer goes viral

"No one wants to hear they have cancer, much less that it's terminal. A Cedar Park mom has turned that diagnosis into her mission. And her message is spreading around the world.

What started as a simple gesture to make people aware is turning into a worldwide lesson.

Holley Kitchen was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer at age 39. After a double mastectomy, chemo and radiation she thought she was cancer free. A year later she found out it had spread to her spine and bones.

"I think it resonates with people because it's honest. It's what people don't want to say what people don't want to hear," she said.

Every year 40,000 people die every year with metastatic breast cancer, and there is no cure.

"It's my life and I'm going to make the best of it," she said.

Like many people Holley was totally unaware. Her video had been viewed millions of times in 24 hours."

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2015 at 10:19am

Donna,   Thank You for posting. I had not seen it. So heartbreaking again.

The educating of those not in the mammogram years really needs to be taken up to a great height and this helps.    I wish some other type of monitoring besides breast self exam could occur because this age group being diagnosed is climbing it seems rapidly.
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474849
  Share Topic