New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - swelling/inflammation of residual cells near/aroun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

swelling/inflammation of residual cells near/aroun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
janinvan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janinvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swelling/inflammation of residual cells near/aroun
    Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 2:41pm
**Patty---disneygirl:
WHAT is YOUR situation ??
I'm getting a CT/PET scan today----to assess:
1996: masectomy/chemo radiation/....followed by ** tamoxifen--due to a few nodes involved and grade 3, etc.
back to **teaching job after a year....
very good oncologist in Vancouver, Canada
Jan/Feb 2008 == recurrence when tumor marker increased gradually to about 60 ( it always correlated )...and swelling near clacicle and pectoral muscle was increasing (when my oncologist was on research leave--they said -it was Lymphadema--like my arm-- instead of recurrence!!
Feb 2008 --tumor marker up again---and soon March-July 2008 ==chemo doxetaxol with some radiation
Aug. 2009---started oral capecitabine--due to same thing...okay----but then RECENT RED swelling outward /inflammation in that area-- SO:
March 15 probably start : cisplatin/gemcitabine regime.....
Someone on the main site said that YOU maybe had a similar chest thing.....
I've coped well with it....sometimes it smarts/stings, etc......
Where do you go in california?    my married niece lives in L.A.
Have you heard of that Brezinski guy in Houston?   Suzanne Somers....
also in Sacramento.... famous surgeon Ernie Bodai ??
However-- even a thoracic surgeon (after isaw my breast surgeon) said that he maybe could do...BUT very extreme operation and my oncologist is against it
Thanks,  Janice

DisneyGirl1956 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DisneyGirl1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 9:49pm
I have supra clavicle involvement and mandible involvement and the whole Left side of my shoulder, neck and chin are in a world of hurt.  Huge lumps are moving around in my chin and neck.  Doc says we will do a scan on the 16th.  He said it could be good news or it could be bad.  I just love the relationship he and I have.  I feel like there are war going on in there with laser guns.  The pain Is almost unbearable at times, esp today.  I took my Oxycodone and hit the pillows for the afternoon and zoned out.  I am hoping that the chemo is killing the cancer as my second opinion at UCLA said any shrinkage is good.

So much pain now though, gotta go.  Chemo I am on is Ixempra/Avastin/Xeloda
dx June 2009 Stage 3C
6 rounds of TAC
Lumpectomy 10/09 13 nodes removed, Chemo did not work tried BSI-PARP Trial 2 rounds, did not work, just started Ixempra/Avastin/ Xeloda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic