FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stepahanie V. Ames Lepelley

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stepahanie V. Ames Lepelley
    Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 7:08pm
DX 12-21-2009 TNBC dbl mastec 2-8-2010 did Adriamycin & Cytoxan. Avastin which gave her a cardiomyopathy and had an allergic reaction to Taxol.  March 2011- Recurrence to chest, rt. lung and lymph nodes. Xeloda. June 2011, spread to back.

Too many times I hear this:
"I started feeling like I was coming down with something in Nov. 2011 and was concerned it was back but my reg. Dr. did nothing but give me antibiotics and tell me I was just fighting off cold finally in March my neurologist of all people (lucky I had one!) ordered a CAT Scan and found it in my chest, lung, and lymph nodes! I felt like there was always pressure in my chest and wheezing and rattling in my lung I just knew something was not right. Felt as though something was just physically hanging around in my lung and ended up with asthma issues.."

Stephanie V. LePelley (1979 - 2012)

LACONIA - Stephanie V. LePelley, 33, of 10 Stephen St., died at the Lakes Region General Hospital on Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012 after a courageous two-year battle with breast cancer.

Stephanie was born Jan. 1, 1979 in San Diego, the daughter of Kenneth and Wilma Joyce (Voyles) Ames.

Stephanie resided in Wichita Falls, Texas for several years before moving to Laconia in 2006. She had been employed at the Silver Sands Marina in Gilford for a number of years. She was a member of the Oasis Christian Church, Concord.

Survivors include her husband, Brad A. LePelley of Laconia; twin daughters, Addisyn LePelley and Isabelle LePelley
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/concordmonitor/obituary.aspx?pid=159186254#sthash.MMrRGRwT.dpuf

Edited by Melissa P. - Mar 20 2014 at 7:09pm
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 12:14am
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for posting these two tributes. 

Your devotion to our TNBC community is deep and very much appreciated by all here, I am certain.

Perhaps, because I am a father of twins, perhaps because Stephanie was diagnosed at age 30...perhaps because something resonated in the photograph deep in my soul, perhaps because I am physically and mentally exhausted from months of very difficult cases I started to cry reading this tribute even though I didn't know Stephanie but I have known all too many like her.

It is important for us to acknowledge these women and grieve together. 

That is what our beautiful family is for and Melissa, I thank you again and again.

with deepest condolences to Stephanie's family and Terry's and the many others that I may have missed these last months. 

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
sweetpickle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 7:20pm
I did too Steve, so young and so beautiful...... Prays for the families.
11/13/12 DX TNBC, BRCA 1+ Grade 3, 4.3cm tumor, susp. node under arm, 4 A/C biweekly & 4 Taxol biweekly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:12pm
Thanks Steve, I always felt kinda awkward in posting these tributes but I too think it's important to us acknowledge their battle and giving those that knew her some kind of closure. Unfortunately, I have a couple of more to post :(
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:00pm
Dear Melissa,
Please never feel awkward in posting tributes to our fallen sisters.  We have a lot of members on this site, but not everyone with TNBC posts here.  I too feel that it is important for all of us to realize how extensive this disease is and how many lives are changed because of it.

You do such a good work and meet so many sisters.  I appreciate you sharing these lovely ladies (gone too soon) with us.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 10:39pm
Thank you Lillie, all these TNBC ladies that I have met or have known have a special place in my heart.
These ladies gone too soon will not be forgotten and we'll keeping fighting for them... I've seen too many young ladies taken from their young children because of this disease, it breaks my heart.
Thank you for viewing my tributes, it's therapeutical for me to write... that's why I blog.

God Bless Heart Melissa
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic