FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stage 3 Survivors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jtown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stage 3 Survivors
    Posted: Jan 24 2015 at 12:51am
I've been diagnosed with stage 3c TNBC - 12/23 lymph nodes. I'm wondering if there are others out there who have survived such a late stage.
PatM1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatM1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2015 at 3:50pm
Jtown, I'd be curious too.  I was diagnosed in 2013 with stage 3b.  I've had two recurrences in 2014 and this February.  I'm awaiting news on the staging and I have a bone scan on 3/5/3015.  
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2015 at 4:58pm
Dear PatM1959,
I will pray for a good outcome on the bone scan you are getting tomorrow.
Also, jtown and Pat, there are ladies who are surviving many years with stage 4 cancer. I hoping someone will be along soon to give you some encouragement to that fact.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2015 at 6:09pm
Hi ladies, I'm a so far so good Stage 3 warrior. I finished radiation in Sept of '09. My blood work has remained high, and I haven't had a scan in several years but I'm still standing! I go back for my annual the beginning of June and I always have panic attacks as the time draws closer but I think we all get a little crazy when it's time for checkups. So, yes there is life, love and a journey awaiting Stage 3's. Take good care of yourselves! Mainy
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2015 at 6:34pm
I guess I'm a stage 3 survivor too.  I started out stage 1 in 2009.  My recurrence that was inoperable was restaged as stage 3A in 2010.  That was 4 1/2 years ago.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

tripleneg-mom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tripleneg-mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2015 at 11:53am
Wo hoo to all the stage 3 surviviors - ya'll ROCK!!!
Nesher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 10:23am
Hi girls, I have 38, mi diagnóstico el 22 de mayo 2014: CA seno, basal like TN, EIII, T4. Ciclos 16 quimioterapias (4 rojas y 4 blancas carboplatino +plaquitaxel) Muchos dolores, hospitalizaciones y síntomas. Mastectomia radical y vaciamiento ganglionar radical 19/02/2015, patología libre de cáncer!!! I AM free of cancer!! Thanks God. I LOVE YESHUA. BLESSIngs WARRIOS from COLOMBIA
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 6:15pm
Nesher, congratulations! Columbia is a beautiful country, it's wonderful that you are doing well. Take care.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
petersdraggon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petersdraggon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2015 at 1:44am
Hi jtown-
My wife was diagnosed 11/2013 with about the same staging- 10 positive nodes, and one more they couldn't get to, tumor was > 5cm.  I became the self-appointed fact-gatherer, etc. and that is why I am here.  I wanted her to just concentrate on the positive and not the negative, and stay off the internet reading 10 year old statics.  She did the chemo & radiation, finishing it on the first of July last year.  They incorporated carboplatin in the second regimen of chemo by the way, was a little harsh but she got through it.  Had a good response and has been NED since, just had another 6 month check-up.  Of course the anxiety is still an issue but she is living her life just as she did before.
All the best to you.
Greg.
petersdraggon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petersdraggon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2015 at 3:56pm
My wife was diagnosed with locally advanced stage 3b TN in November 2013 at age 55, with >5cm tumor & 9 positive nodes.
After breast conserving surgery (was misdiagnosed originally- they told her small tumor and no nodes) She did the A/C first regime and Tax/Carboplatin second regimen and 33 radiation treatments and although is not a long-time survivor as of yet, she is NED 18+ months out and doing great. 
From what I've read it sometimes doesn't matter as much whether your stage 1, 2, or 3 with TNBC but rather the response to therapy. The more aggressive it is, the more prone to chemo it is in many circumstances as I understand it.

Greg.
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2015 at 11:37pm
I love reading your posts, Greg! I got so much of my strength and comfort thru my ordeal from my husband. A loving, supportive and positive partner while going thru this process is priceless. He was unwavering in his belief that I would get thru it all and survive. He was my champion in demanding that I be heard by every Dr., that my concerns and issues were heard and respected by all medical personnel. He was at every important appointment - with digital recording device in hand - at every procedure and treatment. He did the shopping, drove the kids, made me eat - stood sentry between me and well meaning friends and family when I needed peace and space. He grilled the nutritionist on what I should eat to combat the anemia, then grilled steaks and made me eat them for breakfast :) he talked me into accepting the meal delivery plan our community insisted on providing us thru chemo (my kids loved having dinner show up each night - distractions involving food are fun!) he was EVERYTHING and I can tell you are too! I tell him there's going to be really special perks in heaven for the attentive partners of cancer patients.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2015 at 8:35pm
My wife was diagnosed in May TN 3.5cm w/ 3-4 lumph nodes, (3B)the tumor came out of nowhere, it's Grade 3, possible metaplastic with sqaumous features)her Primary gave her a thorough exam in April and didn't feel it. She had Stage 2B 8 yrs ago in the OTHER breast and we cellabrated NED after a PET/CT scan in late 2014. This tumor is above her nipple, like a half ping-pog ball, anyway, she is at Dr. Wilde/Scripps and they put her on Carbo/Gem to shrink... NOT WORKING. Oncologist is Sinclair/La Jolla, good record... he was dissappointed, needless to say we are depressed, as she is ok w/ masectomy and having nodes removed, but Carboplatin/Gemzar has not shrunk it after 1 1/2 cycles (3 infusions) chemo is supposed to be 6 times (12 infusions) they are saying she will finish this cycle (1 more infusion, plus a following Nulasta shot) then ultrasound to see size. thanks for reading...

She had TAC in 2008, the onco said the "A" Anthricycline, whatever it is has a lifetime limit and she can't have it any more.

Edited by gordon15 - Jun 22 2015 at 8:38pm
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2015 at 7:22pm
Gordon,

I'm so sorry about your wife's recurrence . I would post under the welcome new members or recurrence area of the forum to receive more responses.

Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic