FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 327>
Author
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 8:19pm

Thank You Jacklin for this Post on the Spiritual Support Forum.

I, along with Lillie am so glad that it has ministered to you.

I think that you gave us and this forum a bit of a wake up call! It is quite possible that the Holy Spirit is speaking here and asking us to put a little more effort into supporting each other with His word, His presence, His uplifting arms and His incredible love.

God Bless.

Love, Annie

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 8:34pm
Dear Annie,

If we can use this forum to support each other with His word, then let's do it!! I find that being in the middle of chemo is very isolating and the evil one is having a great time finding holes in my spiritual armour, trying everything to get me to doubt God's plan in all of this. We must continue to lift each other up, support each other so that His will may be done, in all things, at all times. Let us continue to lift up His name, give Him the glory, for He is worthy indeed.

I will continue to lift everyone here up in prayer - I am awake often during the nights and find it the best time to worship and pray. Rather than lie awake and be angry, I am finding this time to be wonderful, recalling all the hymns and worship songs I learned over the years, especially from my first years in school. 

Our God is so good!! Let us praise Him.

Blessings
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 9:06am

Hi Jacklin,   Beautiful!   We had been using this forum on a regular basis but through the years it has slowed down and a new surge in prayer is always a good thing and most welcome. "The Spirit Blows Where He Wills"

While I was being infused with chemo I used to put my headphones on and pray the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Then I would listen to praise music and hymns. It was strengthening and very uplifting to know that I was in close communion with God especially at that time. Saint Augustine said that when we sing we pray twice!

I think it is wonderful that you are praying for all here that is something powerful that many do and it is so needed. We consider ourselves a family of friends. This ordeal brings this friendship about I think as well as our support of each other.

I am sorry that you have to be here and go through this but your Faith will serve as a great gift to all.

Let us be receptive to what the Lord would like us to do and as you say   Let us Praise Him!!!

Take care!   Love, Annie

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 11:54am
Dear Jacklin,
The poem "Footprints" tells how I felt, a lot, during my chemo days.  I did question and felt as though I was alone in the battle.  I realized later that the months of treatment, surgery and everything had been used to strengthen my faith and my witness.  Jesus was carrying me.  We really have to be steadfast.  It is not strange that you and Annie mention music as a part of coping during this time.  Many nights I would wake up and feel scared or restless.  I would concentrate on a hymn and, sing in my mind every word.  I learned that I could not be scared and singing the wonderful words of Jesus at the same time.  I am so thankful that I was brought up singing and memorizing "What A Friend We Have in Jesus", "It Is Well With My Soul",  "Jesus Loves Me", and many many more.  God Is Good!
Again, thank you for posting here and I plan to visit here often in the future.  Thank you for praying for us and we are here to pray for and support you.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie 
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 8:55pm
Dear Lillie,

I use a similar bible verse from Psalms, "See, I will not forget you for I have carved you in the palm of my hand". Actually, I don't have the verse memorized in English, but in Dutch, my first language. While I was a young girl my grandparents had a ceramic tile with a sketch/painting of a hand surrounding/comforting a child with the Bible verse underneath. I always admired that tile and now it is in my home, close to where I spend a lot of days resting. It brings tremendous comfort for me. It has been a very difficult 3 years - I just managed to place both my parents into long term care, they've both been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. My husband and I have taken care of them for many, many years with much joy and it was an honour and privilege to look after them to get them to the home they're in now. We see God's goodness in having them placed just before I was diagnosed with my cancer. 

Many times during the last 3 years I wondered why all these things were happening and we had just we placed my parents when I found the pea-sized lump in my left breast. From there, it was a whirlwind to the oncologist and chemo 18 hours later. Going from working full time and looking after my parents full time (i.e., going full blast all the time) to suddenly stopping was a shock. My days had been filled with speaking to hundreds of people and suddenly I was home, medicated, alone and in a daze. What was happening to my 'normal' life? What does God want? Is He REALLY in control? 

Yes, I know He is in control and He wants only he best for us all, to have a life in which He is worshipped, He is praised and honoured and so we will continue to do that. Praying for everyone here is an honour and privilege and I thank you for your support of so many over the years. And so now tonight, I pray for you Lillie, that you will feel Him closer than ever before, that He will bring comfort as only He can to you. Know that you are not alone, ever. And please do not hesitate to reach out and share your prayer requests. God is good all the time, and, all the time, God is good.

Thank you for your encouragement to me as well, it's been a difficult week with my current taxol treatment that resulted in neurotoxicity in my fingertips and toes. I've had so much pain this last week and not much rest. Reading all the postings here in this thread, has given me much strength to go on. Only God could have directed me to this thread this week even though I've been 'checking out' this site since mid-November. 

Have a good sleep tonight, under His care and a blessed Sunday tomorrow. With love. Peace,
Jacklin

Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 7:31pm
Oops - that bible verse is Isaiah 49:16, not Psalms, apologies.

Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 10:58pm
What a wonderful interview with Darlene Zschech as she talks about her "Journey through the valley of cancer":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pfiVx9t64

Very encouraging!!
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 12:57am
Dear Lillie,
It has been a while since I have posted here and you likely will not remember me, but in reading some of the posts, I am just seeing where you lost your beloved husband. I want to offer my condolences.  I lost my husband on 7/1/2012 and it seems like yesterday and forever all at the same time.  You were always so kind and helpful in your postings to me and I remember with gratitude.
May God continue to bless and comfort you.
With love,
Kaye
Dx TNBC 1/2013; age 63; 1.1 cm; Stage 1, Grade 1(?); lumpectomy clear margins; ALND -; severe SEs to first TC and treatment stopped; radsX25; BRCA -
Recur 6/2015 Mastectomy
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 12:53am
Wow i just discovered this spiritual support forum. I pray for people on this site too. I felt so impotent and helpless as i have felt so tired and sick of being sick. Then i was reminded i can always pray. It is often the last thing we think of doing when really it should be the first. One of my first visits to the cancer center i was feeling low. I was in the waiting room and i suddenly started to cry. I was alone and quickly wiped my eyes. Another patient came and sat down. She looked at me kind of funny she said you seem a little low i bet i can pray you up a couple notches. I was emberassed at first but then i said yes i am feeling low. That would be great. She prayed for.me right then and i really felt better. It took courage for her to offer to pray for me. The city I live in is very anti christian and it was so good to meet a believer in pulic right when i needed it. I havnt seen her since then. Maybe she was an angel in disguise. For sure she was an angel of a person.😊
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 7:29pm

Hello Romnesprite1,   Thank You for sharing this beautiful experience that you had. I am sorry that you were alone that day but I guess you really were not alone after all! I think it was a wonderful and courageous step in faith that person made in asking to pray for you. We all should be more courageous. It is a great example of how prayer can turn something around so quickly.

I cannot quite recall word for word the scripture passage that speaks about being kind to strangers because they may be angels in disguise. That certainly rings true in your case one way or another as you stated.

God Bless and Thank You for praying for all here it is a wonderful blessing and gift. Please post anytime and take care.

Love, Annie

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 9:50pm
Hey Annie,
I believe the scripture you are referring to is Hebrews 13:2

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: For thereby some have entertained Angels unawares.   Sooooo True.

Love
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 9:56pm
Hello Kaye,
So good to see your post.  Yes, I do remember you.  I am so sorry about the death of your husband.  Thank you for sharing this with me.  It lets me know that there are others who understand the grief process of losing a husband.
Thank you for your kind comments to me.  I do strive to give hope and courage where I can.  Hope you are well and may God Bless you.

Love,
Lillie 
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2016 at 2:14am
I emailed my pastor one day because i was thinking of my up coming surgery and i was feeling afraid. I said you know I have been a christian a long time. I know God has a plan for all of us. I know He loves me and is in complete controll . BUT I AM STILL AFRAID. He responded that he was reminded especially this time of year of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemene. He sweat drops of blood as He restled with His upcoming trial and death. His love for us was so great that He did it anyway. He said it was not a sin for Jesus of course and it is not a Sin fo you to be afraid. That helped me so much. Giving myself permission to be afraid.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2016 at 10:21am
Dear romnesspirite1
I love the example that your pastor gave you.  To know that Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemene and sweat drops of blood and died for me and all mankind anyway, is such a strong help and comfort.  Another scripture that I hold onto when my mind gets all tangled up is 2 Timothy 1:7.  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  Sometimes I get so caught up in all of life.  I have to stop and compartmentalize, my work, my children, my upcoming appointments; or whatever it might be and remember that God did not give me the fear I might be feeling.  It is from the devil and I claim no part of the devils works.  It really helps me to get back on track.  WOW, I am really enjoying reading and sharing the WORD. 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2016 at 7:16pm
God causes all things to work together for good. He can even use our natural fears fo good. To prevent us from taking unnecessary risks. He uses it keep us from touching something that might burn us or cut us or whatever. But He also gives us the ability to concquer fear. And trusting in Him keeps our fears in check so they dont controll us. We instead can then put that energy into doing good. To get up every day and face whatever is thrown at us because God is right there and He can handle anything. One of my favorite hymns says "because He lives I can face tomorrow.Because I know He holds my Future and life is worth the living just because He lives."
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2016 at 7:45pm
Thank you Romnessprite1 for reminding me of this. I am going to share a few of my favourites:

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

May everyone have a fear-less evening, trusting Him for everything, including the healing that we all need in our bodies from TNBC.

Blessings and peace to you all,
Jacklin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2016 at 7:58pm
Those are my favorites too. I have them taped in the front of my bible and taught them to my kids. I couldnt explain it very well though.Thank you.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2016 at 8:30pm
Another thing I was reminded of today is that God always has a good reason for whatever trials he allows us to through.We have to trust He is using it for good because we cant understand it all. He doesnt always show us either. His ways are not are ways. But He is working it for good. That is really hard for.me right now.Because it still hurts I feel completely worn out and empty. I cant see the good. I just have to trust that He is there.Doing whatever He needs to. I will be glad when this trial is over though
Minigerkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 12:27pm
I know exactly what you are going through. I wonder why this happened to me and I at times wonder how I'll ever get through this.  Chemo was the WORST ever, and I can't believe I somehow got through it.  Now I have to face radiation. We just have to hang in there and trust in God to show us the way. He has a greater plan for us, we just can't see it now. Just remember, we are in this together, sista!
Minigerkin
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 3:00pm
Dear Romnessprite! and Minigerkin,  I hear you both, exactly. Right now, things are very confusing and we can't and don't see what God sees. He sees the eternal, everything in the grand perspective but we are looking right here and now, which is eternally short-sighted. Sometimes this is easy to say. 

I would like to share Jeremiah 29:11 with you both: "For I know the plans I have for you," declare the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  

Praying for peace and comfort for you both, and all of us here in this fight against TNBC.

Blessings,
Jacklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 327>
  Share Topic