FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something to share

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LRM71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something to share
    Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 11:55am
Hello Ladies.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.  I have something to share with everyone.  I read the following paragraph in a book I'm currently reading:

Breast cancer is undeniably difficult, but it does not define you. You remain the same wonderful and unique person you were before your diagnosis. Never lose faith in yourself and your capacity to endure. Treasure your many blessings and learn from each day of this journey. Ultimately, it will make you even stronger.

When I read this, it inspired me and I felt that it fits me perfectly and how I view BC and I will not be defined by this.  I have adopted the following for my own statement:

Breast cancer is undeniably difficult for all involved (my husband, my children, my family and my friends), but it does not define me, nor will I let it define them. I remain the same wonderful and unique person I was before my diagnosis. I will never lose faith in myself and my capacity to endure nor let my family lose theirs. I will treasure my many blessings and learn from each day of this journey. Ultimately, it will make us stronger than we were before.

I have this posted at my desk, on my fridge and am sending it to all my family members to put on their fridges.  It gives me strength along with a bunch of other things!  :-)  I hope this brightens someone's day. 

We all have bad days, it's a given, but I have light and I personally will not let that go.    

Thumbs%20Up Leslie
Leslie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic