FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rick Simpson Oil (phoenix tears)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rick Simpson Oil (phoenix tears)
    Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 3:09am
Hi All, hope you all well, need to find out from you, if any of you have used or heard about this "oil" It's supposed to cure cancer! I however am not looking @ it for that reason, as my mom did have, surgery, chemo and is now on radiation, I'm more interested in it relieving her of the side effects that chemo has left! She also takes anti-depressants, sleeping pills, and celebrex for her bones that she's also was taking before diagnoses has for many years! I've been researching quite a bit, and have been contact with a guy here in South Africa that makes the oil! He's pretty much told me that it will help her with all the above! Anyone have any input on this topic? Thanks Fatima
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 7:58am
I've never heard of this, but just looked it up.  It seems to be made out of hemp oil.  Phoenix Tears is a potent, concentrated form of the cannabis plant.  Maybe it helps with the side effects?  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 8:59am
Hi Donna, 

Yip seems interesting, I actually looked it up, because a customer of mine told me about it, her DAD was "cured" with this oil,had a tumour in his liver that dissapeared after 3 months of taking the oil! And then they had a talk about the oil, on 702 talk radio show here in South Africa this week, so I'm so intrigued, with my mom giving the oil a try! Of all the people that called in and spoke about their experience and everyone just said they totally off all chronic medication, Scared but @ the same time willing to try! The guy producing is an ex-oncologist, did say mom should, cut out sugar, dairy, and try Juicing to increase energy levels, he said the oil will help with her pain, anxiety/depression, and unable to sleep well, even she is willing to give it a try! She'll start off with small doses, then increase them, and then go onto a maintenance program, I've researched and nothing really negative about it? Dunno, will give it another day or two to decide, it's quite expensive R1200 rands +- 120 dollars for a 3ml syringe, but once again that's wat mom sends on all her medication if not more on a monthly basis! 
Suds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:09am
I have looked into this a lot and am considering trying it myself.  There are studies out of Italy and more recently Spain that show that it is specifically helpful against triple negative disease and affects many cell pathways.  It is very expensive and difficult to find so I'm glad you found someone who seems knowledgable about it.  It is nontoxic and like you said can help with a lot of other side effects.  
1/2012: 2cm mass, 1/16 nodes
4 AC, 4 T, mastectomy, 6.5 wks radiation
Negative CT scan after chemo
3/2013: mets to nodes, brain, lung, early bone
4/2013: Neurosurgery + SRS
4/2013: Gem/Carbo started
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 12:40pm
Suds have a look @ his website google Rick Simpson oil, and then find the link, phoenix tears, there is a way to make it youself, just seems very complicated! Funny enough the customer that first informed me about it is Italian, but if you email this Rick Simpson, he'll maybe be able to tell you where in your area, you could maybe get it! As I said earlier my mom has done, surgery, chemo and now is doing radiation, I'm looking to do this to help with all her side effects, and perhaps prevent a recurrence! But with this oil as I said earlier, one should also cut out sugar, dairy, do juicing of fresh fruit and vegetables, a little excercise, purified water, another one I forgot to mention was he said to watch the acidity levels in the body, still awaiting his email on this! Then will post to this forumn! 
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 2:36pm
Suds, just read your bio, sorry about the mets, if I was you I would give it a go, Nothing to lose with trying but perhaps even gain some quality of life, I see you in Philadelphia, with my research I did see that there is a few states in the USA, that have legalised the useof cannibas for medicinal uses! I'm sure with a little investigating from your side, you'll get your hands on it! God Bless Love Fats
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 6:49pm
Hi Fats,

I am a big supporter of the use of cannabis for various health and wellness issues. I am not a regular user of cannabis by any means, but I have used cannabis edibles while undergoing treatment (chemo). It definitely help me relax and sleep better. I had little or no side effects to the chemo regimen either (of course I cannot say for sure the cannabis was the reason). I think when faced with a deadly disease like cancer, one has to do whatever one can to fight this beast while making our quality of life the best it can be. If your Mom does decide to try the hemp oil, I would be very interested to hear about it and how she does. The recipe to make hemp oil is not really do-able for the average person (you need a pound of good quality cannabis), and it is very expensive. Keep us posted!!!
Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 4:40am
Hi Lisa, 

I'm so with you on all of the above, and I know many people that did cannabis while on treatment, and it surely help with nausea and pain, I'm sure the cannabis did help you with the side effects, I don't think anyone on this forumn can say they went through chemo with no side effects, my mom did cmf, a "light form of chemo" didn't even lose her hair and boy did she suffer, to the point that she wanted to throw in the towel, not so much with nausea as she took meds, but many sleepless nights, and a lot of pain in joints, and all she was allowed to take was paracetamol, did nothing,  My mom is so anti cannabis, so wasn't even willing to give it a try while on chemo, but with the bone and joint pain she's been left with after chemo, told her to listen to the radio show, NOW she wants it, and is asking everyday for it, so I've just ordered some,collecting this afternoon, so she'll start her first dose this evening! Will keep you posted! Love Fats
riley0202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riley0202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:42pm
RSO is a wonder drug for cancer fighters.  In numerous studies it has been shown to stop the growth of cancer and "cure" it.  Many patients also use it while going through treatment.  It helps with ALL of the nasty side effects.  I know that most places sell it for $50-$100 per gram.  However, there is a place that I found and the cost is only $25.  This is something EVERY cancer patient should at least look into.  If you decide to use it, that is up to you.  But honestly what can it hurt...NOTHING.  What can it help...EVERYTHING!!  I can't say enough good stuff about it.
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 6:52pm
Hey gals,
Rick is from Amherst, Nova Scotia & I know people who took this and have no trace of cancer on scans.  I haven't tried it but if I were to get mets, then I would definitely try it.  This man was driven out of Canada particularly Nova Scotia because his products were threatening the pharmaceutical companies.  When in fact it is a complement to pharmaceuticals!  Just sayin. 
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 7:00pm
I agree with Helen. Let's hope we never have a reason to go there, but certainly I would be on board if my cancer returned!

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 11:20pm
And where do you get it for 25.00
TNBC stage1 size 1.8, grade3 no nodes 4/11 Lumpectomy 5/11 4cycles DD A/C 4cycles DD Taxol. Double Mastectomy 12/11 BRCA all neg
MothersDaughterTNBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MothersDaughterTNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:53pm
Anybody try it? My mom has mets to liver and I have been researching the heck out of it (and everything else). I'm in Colorado but my mom is in South Carolina. I would have to get it here since it is illegal in SC. Just curious to see if anyone has had success with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:02pm
Hi MomsDaughter,

I don't know anyone who has specifically tried this product; however I do know women who have used cannabis with low THC levels and high cannaboids for medicinal purposes. It has helped those who have little to no appetite, can't sleep, anxiety and pain. I think the curative properties of cannaboids is real, but there is little medical evidence to back that up. I believe it is a kinder gentler way to treat stage 4 cancer than with Chemo, etc. By the way, how is your mom doing? Is she receiving chemo right now? What kind?

Best,
Lisa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MothersDaughterTNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:31pm
She is doing AC right now. After the next chemo, they'll do tests to see what it is doing to the liver. The one in the breast is shrinking so hopefully it is doing the same in the liver. She'll do taxol after the AC. She has been tired, occasional nausea, and a few dizzy spells. Possibly from low blood pressure. They added 2 days of fluids to hopefully stop them. She just got some anxiety medicine and they increased her Lexapro dose so the anxiety and depression is an issue with her. She has always had those issues but it has increased since the diagnosis (as can be expected). They're heading to UNC on Thursday to meet with Lisa Carey.

I think cannabis definitely has curative properties too. I would love to get my hands on it but I have no idea how I would do it.   I will probably wait to see how the chemo does. Unfortunately SC had the chance to legalize for medical reasons in May but chose not too. Blah. I wish someone would find a cure!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:39pm
I totally understand. I hope and pray for your Mom that she has success with the chemo. I know how hard this is to go through. I'm glad she has something to take for the anxiety. I know it helped me too. I am in California, and its pretty easy to get a medical marjiuana card (especially if you REALLY need it!!). I used it to help me sleep and relax. I found it eliminated the nausea too.

Best of luck to you and your Mom!
Lisa
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:06pm
Interesting editorial by CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MothersDaughterTNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:45pm
I watched the documentary. It was pretty interesting. I don't see how someone watching could say there is not a medical benefit.

There was a lady diagnosed in 2006 with ovarian cancer and was placed in hospice. Started using cannabis oil and is still here today. I don't know if she still has cancer but she is very active in the cannabis world. She was on Piers Morgan and Ricki Lake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJiRnirxxU
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:39pm
Hmmm....
Where can you purchase this?
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MothersDaughterTNBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:53am
I'm not really sure. Maybe a dispensary has some? I have seen most people recommend making it but it seems pretty complicated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic