FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residual Cancer Burden?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Residual Cancer Burden?
    Posted: Mar 19 2019 at 1:33pm
I just received my pathology report from my bilateral mastectomy. I began treatment pregnant and with a 16cm tumor and lymph node involvement. My pathology came back with completely clean lymph nodes and bloodwork, but I had multiple tiny tumors leftover. I had 5 in all, 4 were 5mm or smaller, but one was 1cm. I'm concerned because residual cancer burden calculators make this seem terrible to have that much left, but my surgeon thought it was a great response.

Wbat are your experiences with this kind of stuff?? I feel like I should be excited because I'm cancer free, but it doesn't seem that cut and dry. Should I be excited about the great response or terrified of the residual disease??  What kinds of questions should I be asking now? 

James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2019 at 5:57pm
I had residual c burden of RCB II and Iím going on Xeloda soon. I just finished my 35 radiation treatments 
Leahstuffle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahstuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2019 at 7:52pm
Thank you! Does your oncologist feel that the Xeloda will change that risk for you? I haven't seen my oncologist get, but I feel my RCB will be RCB II.
James123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2019 at 7:56pm
Yes I am told that they prescribe this to patients with residual disease to help reduce recurrence.  Just check with your oncologist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic