FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Kady Haynes Cosio, Age 30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Kady Haynes Cosio, Age 30
    Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 3:19pm

Remembering Triple Negative Breast Cancer Sister, Kady Haynes Cosio

Kady

Loss of another lady in our support group to TNBC. Kady Haynes Cosio, Age 30, departed on April 22, 2014 after fighting breast cancer for 2 years. Kady was originally diagnosed January 2012 with Triple Negative Invasive Mammary Carcinoma, (TN IMC) Stage 2b. One year later, January 2013, Kady had a (TN IMC) local recurrence and metastasis to liver that was estrogen positive. I barely crossed paths with Kady for we were both at the same C4YW 2014 Conference in Orlando in February. I remember seeing her dancing at the survivor party not knowing she was the Kady that I knew from our online group. So disheartening to hear of another young woman passing from this disease... our targeted therapy and/or cure just has not come quick enough for too many ladies that I have met through our online TNBC groups. We need to continue to fight for these ladies and hope for more tomorrows that are still battling. Rest peacefully Kady. Heart
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 6:16pm
Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking to lose another woman to this disease. I pray that research will find targeted therapy soon so another young woman won't have to die from this horrible disease.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic