Forum Description: A place to chat
URL: http://forum.tnbcfoundation.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=13336
Printed Date: Mar 28 2024 at 6:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Headaches
Posted By: DZ17
Subject: Headaches
Date Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 12:50pm
This is my first time posting, but I have been reading alot of your posts(which have been so helpful!). I was diagnosed with tnbc 8/2017. I completed ACT in Janruary of 2018 had a mastectomey with 11 nodes removed with 1 node positive in 2/2018. I did not have pcr prior to surgery which I was upset about, but I was more upset when I woke up from surgery and found out that one of my lymph nodes was positive. I am currently receiving radiation, which has been fine compared to chemo. My problem is that I have had continual headaches for about 2 weeks. The headaches are not terrible, just hanging there. My RO wanted me to have an MRI, but when I went for the appointment, they said I could'nt do it because I have tissue expanders. My RO said that I could have a contrast CT, but I a have not decided if I am going to. I do not think that it is anything serious because the headaches have not got any worse. Has anyone had similar issues? TIA

Replies:
Posted By: darcyd
Date Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 2:34pm
Hi DZ17,

I am sorry about the headaches,(like we don't have enough to deal with). Just throwing this out there.....Are you drinking enough fluids? Being dehydrated, even if it's just a little, will give you a headache. Magnesium can help get rid of headaches sometimes too.

I hope you get some relief,
Darcy

-------------
IDC with extensive squamous differentiation,1.5cm,stage 1,Grade 3,Ki-67 25%,TNBC
TX-TC q21 days x4, Neulasta x3,mastectomy 3/1/16. dx's 10/15 age56

Posted By: DZ17
Date Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 3:39pm
Darcy, 
I have been more aware of my fluid intake after talking with my RO. It is a very valid point! The headaches have been a little better since I have been drinking more. I am typically not a worrier, but this has me concerned! Thank you so much for your response!!!

Posted By: mainsailset
Date Posted: Apr 15 2018 at 11:04pm
I remember getting headaches after chemo and looking up and asking 'was this necessary god?'

I was told by a member here that sometimes your spirit is so relieved to make it through chemo, then surgery and yet facing radiation that there becomes a built in stress that is trying real hard to assert itself and doesn't want to let go of you.

There's also the weird chance that you have developed a sinus infection. You might try taking a Sudafed dose for a couple of days and see if that lessens the headache.

I mention these because they're explanations you can investigate yourself before you go to the added stress of a CT scan.
Good luck to you!
   Mainy

-------------
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear

Posted By: Kellyless
Date Posted: Apr 16 2018 at 9:53am
I developed endless headaches about 12 years ago. I was misdiagnosed as having migraines. When migraine meds didn't work I went to another doctor, after examining me he said it was a neck problem. MRI confirmed my C6 & 7 vertebrae in my neck were herniated. The same thing happened to our realtor. As the person above said, just throwing it out there.
Can you have a PET scan with expanders? I don't remember how that magic worked.... Lordy we cancer ladies have to learn way to much medical jargon, lol.

-------------
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!

Posted By: rstar
Date Posted: Apr 16 2018 at 5:39pm
Hello there,

Im sure its hard not think about cancer related headache but most likely the source is something else cause there are just many of them. Did they also by any chance discuss some adjuvant treatment options due to not getting a pcr and having a positive node?

Posted By: parrynd1
Date Posted: May 23 2018 at 7:44pm
I developed a constant headache 4 months finishing 1 1/12 of treatment and being MeD 4 months and happen to mention it during a follow-up with one of my doctors who then ordered a scan. As the time went by leading up to the scan the headache became so normal I honestly didn’t really notice it anymore and was on the verge of deciding to cancel the scan. Thank goodness I didn’t because it revealed a tumor that after surgery was confirmed to be Metastatic TNBC. I don’t mean to scare anyone. Could getting the scan hurt compared to not getting? For me it was just for the peace of mind so I kept the appointment. I’d rather be safe and sure than sorry.

I hope yours turns out to be just a side effect that goes away or something very treatable. Best of luck.

-------------
Dx 9/016 Age 28, 3c, Grade 3, 1/5 Nodes, BRCA -, KI-67 >90%, I-Spy 2, DD A/C, Lumpectomy w/ 3 nodes removed, TC, Rads
2/2018 recurrence + brain & lung mets, Craniotomy, SRS, IPI-549, Opdivo/Avastin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net