FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patty Sobolsky (Disneygirl1956)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patty Sobolsky (Disneygirl1956)
    Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 10:41am
I just heard on facebook that Patty died.  This was one heck of a woman, really joyful and positive through all she endured (over a very short period - this was TNBC at its most vicious).   This woman had a LOT of friends, just tons of people who adored her.  She worked at DisneyLand and considered her co-workers part of her extended family in joy.

I'll post some of the comments people left on her facebook wall after she died.  A veritable outpouring of love.

sorrowfully yours,
Denise
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 12:26pm
Oh Denise, how very sad.  It seems like we were just recently talking to her!

When is this going to stop!Broken Heart
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 1:43pm
Dear Denise and all,

I am stunned and deeply, deeply saddened at this news. 

I received an email on April 17th from Patty..

We never met but I really felt that I knew her and she was an extraordinarily lovely woman. As I typed "never met" it is hard to realize that we never will. and when I got to "felt", "knew" and "was" in the previous sentence my fingers started to shake...

My heartfelt sympathies are with her family. 

I hate this disease and pray....and pray.....and pray for a better future for all those here and future generations...

I am crushed by this news...Denise, thank you for letting us know...

It feels strange sharing her words here but I think it is a tribute to who she was as a person so I would like to share her recent words, to me, with my TNBCF family. Despite all the grief she was going through she reached out to me to thank me and send her love. I responded sending her my love....I think her words really sums up our family. Most of us have never met each other yet the love and support is there. 

a piece of my heart is broken today..

rest in peace, dear Patty,

Steve

Thanks for caring for someone you have never even met.

Love to you and yours
Patty

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
LRM216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 1:56pm
I am so sorry to hear this news about Disneygirl.  This disease is just too unfair.  We fight, we hope, we poison ourselves, we hope, we try to heal, we fight constantly to smack down the daily fear it creates in us, and again - we hope- and for what and why?  I am so devastated for her family.  May God be with them - and with all of us.

Linda 
Linda - diagnosed at age 62
Diag 2/23/09 IDC 1.2 cent. IDC right breast,Stage 1, Grade 3,0/1 nodes - Triple Neg
4 DD AC every two weeks, 1 Dd Taxol, then 3 Taxotere every three weeks - rads x 33
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 2:20pm
Oh Denise thank you for letting us know about Patty, Our Disney Girl!

I am so sorry to hear that this horrible disease has taken another angel home....
It was not too long ago we were reading her posts about work, family and all that she loved....
I am reaching out to her family now to say I am really sorry for the loss of your Patty!
God Bless you all, Helen in Nova Scotia Canada
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2010 at 4:08pm
I was re-reading some of Patty's posts. Back in March when she let us know how much pain she was in with the neck tumors; broke my heart. She was a lovely person and will be truly missed. I am sorry that it took death to get her out of all that pain. I also hate this disease and the physical and emotional pain it brings to families.

Love in Christ,

Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 5:06pm
From FB:

istin Hartsfield Martin What a treasure heaven has gained . Sweet, loving, selfless, strong, courageous funny, PATTY. You have made the world a better place simply by being you.
Yesterday at 10:52pm via Facebook for Android · Comment · Like
Erin Kull Wagner likes this.

Pat Jones Dearest P1, I can remember if it was just yesterday when I started worked at The Mouse House. You helped train me in a ticket booth along with Janice Stellabolt! Once you found out that our birthdays were days apart we became kindred spirits joking about how we would celebrate our birthdays. I love the stories of you a...
See More
Yesterday at 10:44pm via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · Like

Debbie Rogers Merced Patty, I loved working with your for 13 years and all of the laughter we shared. You will be missed my friend..say hi to Rudy!
Yesterday at 10:43pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
Susie King likes this.

Susie King Debbie, I can see and hear the two of them going back and forth cann't you!
13 hours ago

Robyn Schatz Sarvis Oh, sheesh. That's one heck of a combination! Look out! :)
4 hours ago

Kim Felling Lowman Patty, My heart goes out to your family. Although we've not seen each other since high school, I've been painfully aware of your courageous fight through our FB friends and have prayed for a miracle. I know the Lord will keep you in his arms and give comfort to your family with the passing of time. I wish I had the cha...
See More
Yesterday at 10:17pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
Candie Elliott Sharon likes this.

Jackie Schulkey Gilhausen Patty, I have known you for almost 22 years. And you were a dear friend from the day we met. You are compassionate, strong, upbeat and positive. And even in the darkest of hours you only thought of others. You never gave up! I love you and will miss you dearly.
Yesterday at 9:40pm · Comment · Like

Wanda Garms Eight years ago I started working in the ticket booths. Everone kept asking me if Patty wasn't sister. They said we sounded the same, gestered the same, etc. One day I was working the window, turned around and foundt Patty staring at me along with half a dozen other people. In typical Pattyism.... She turned to every...
See More
Yesterday at 8:46pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Barb Susan The Services for Patty will be held:

Wednesday, April 28 , 2010

First Evangelical Free Church of Fullerton
2801 North Brea Blvd. Fullerton, California 92835
(714) 529-5544

Viewing: 12:30pm - 1:00pm
Service and Grave Side: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Yesterday at 7:48pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
2 people like this.

Erin Kull Wagner I'm so sorry I won't be able to be there - I'll be in Seattle on business. Love and hugs to all who attend.
6 hours ago

Melinda Cruz Thank you for the info...
3 hours ago

Barb Susan David Sobolsky to all our Family and Friends, My Wife, Best Friend, and Mother to our Beautiful Children lost her courageous battle this past Thursday. We would all like to Thank You for your prayers, thoughts, and helping her thru this past year. We Love and Thank You all from the bottom of our Hearts. Thank You for Everything. Love the Sobolsky's
Yesterday at 7:44pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Barb Susan Will post again in a min
Yesterday at 7:23pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Kevin Toomey Would that it were so easy to bring YOU back! We miss you terribly, Patty!

Kevin
Kevin just revived your crops and made your farm pretty for you to see!
Yesterday at 5:06pm via FarmVille · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall · Check out your crops
Marcia Knutson Shafran likes this.

Judit Young Patty, you are greatly missed, you touched so many lifes. God knew to put you in a job where you were able to impact positivly so many. You were just so full of life, fun, laughter, made so many friends. You trained me with Vicky at my job at Disneyland. I always enjoyed your company, it was fun to be around you. I'm...
See More
Yesterday at 4:12pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Sue Scheibler Patty, you were one of my first friends at Dland oh so many, many years ago, and the first person to find me on FB. I still remember training you as a working lead and cracking up all day long, and all those following days when we worked together. Happy journey dear sweet spirit. My life is so much brighter for having ...
See More
Yesterday at 11:20am · Comment · Like
Maureen Cottle likes this.

Adam de Jesus I am fortunate to have worked with Patty, laughed with Patty, enjoyed many beautiful days outside with Patty. The memories of our time together will always make me smile...
I love you Patty!
Yesterday at 10:33am · Comment · Like
2 people like this.

Remove
Denise M. Wolf Could someone please either post her obit on here or message it to me? I'd like to add it to a tribute page for her on TNBCF, an online community she was a part of (for women dealing with triple negative breast cancer).
Yesterday at 7:59am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Michelle Lau Reynoso her service info was posted. perhaps her church has more info??
Yesterday at 10:37pm

Richard Sui Although I only worked with Patty for 1.5 years at the ME 15 years ago, we managed to stay in touch. I will always remember what a kind and wonderful woman she was. She was an incredible leader and friend to me and I feel blessed to have known her. She made my first job a great experience with her kindness and advice about life. I will miss you dearly
Yesterday at 7:45am via Facebook® for Palm webOS · Comment · Like
Ingrid Mariano likes this.

Robin Devine Thank you for being my friend, for being strong, funny and never backing down. Your battle was a constant inspiration to me. I will miss you and my thoughts and prayers go out to your family and close friends. Now, your with our Lord and cancer free! You will be missed by all you know you!!
Yesterday at 7:40am · Comment · Like
2 people like this.

Remove
Denise M. Wolf Oh my gosh, I can't believe this. Triple negative BC at its most vicious. Patty, you were so positive and courageous through everything you endured. For you and all of us and all the women to come, I'll do my best to work toward a cure.
Yesterday at 7:33am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Kristina Bonbrake Patty, you have been so typically Patty through this ordeal: upbeat, positive and still laughing. I admire your courage and am thankful to have known you. You helped my through a tough time in my life and I am forever grateful.
To your family, I send sincere sympathy for your loss and hope you find strength from all th...
See More
Yesterday at 2:48am · Comment · Like

Melinda Cruz Patty, I love you...Thank you for being my friend...You are no longer in any pain...Pray for all of us left behind....I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH MY DEAR FRIEND....My heart is broken...
Fri at 5:20pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
James M Fletcher likes this.

Kelly McMahon Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to my Mom! We'll miss you Patty! Love Kelly
Fri at 4:07pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
Christina Hines likes this.

Julie Debevec Patty you were a very strong woman and I am sure God has many plans for you, but everyone here is missing you and I am sure that you knew how many people cared for you, I only wish that I had that chance to meet you face to face, but I will miss you just the same, may God bless your family and help them to get through ...
See More
Fri at 2:48pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
James M Fletcher likes this.

Cynthia Serapin Patty, Thursday I put this 'Angel of Love' in the mail to you. Possibly she will bring a little comfort to your family. You will be missed. May beautiful memories of you live in the hearts of your family and friends.

Fri at 2:40pm · See Wall-to-Wall

Maria Ortiz Hall ♥ ♥ Patty ♥ ♥ Thank you for making me smile. You are missed and you will always be loved and cherished. Love you.
Fri at 10:53am · Comment · Like

Kristy Carpenter-Samuel I lost a great friend to cancer yesterday and a second Mom to me from my Disney days. You will be missed deeply Patty. My heart goes out to your family. Heaven just received one special spunky angel!
Fri at 10:48am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Shaun Gray Patty...you fought this cancer like the amazing woman that you are. I am very happy to know that you are no longer in pain and that heaven absolutely has an angel up there. You taught me a great deal when I was in Main Entrance, and I will never forget that. It was a pleasure knowing you. Main Entrance will never b...
See More
Fri at 10:04am · Comment · Like
5 people like this.

Karen Ruth Margaret Peckham She was there for us when we all started working there. She was a fun and wonderful person.
Fri at 4:11pm

Ingrid Mariano Oh she would so own GC at the Pearly Gates. And she'd have even more fun... can you imagine... Patty doing GC... with WINGS!
Fri at 7:02pm

Barb Susan A special breakfast for you today: A plate of Love, a bowl of Peace, a spoon of Hope, a fork of Care, and a glass of Joy, now enjoy your breakfast sent from Heaven To feed your soul.

Fri at 10:03am · See Wall-to-Wall

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 5:07pm
Denise Gibson Patty, you will be missed dearly. You probably did not realize at the time how many lives you touched, now you probably have a good idea. You fought the "good" fight against this "Cancer". You gave it the Strong Fight but now you are pain free. My prayers may have silenced for you but have transferred even more now to ...
See More
Fri at 9:10am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
4 people like this.

Rita Jo Smith Leave it to you Patty to come up with another "P" for your repetoire. "Pearly Gate Patty". I know you are helping St. Peter with awesome crowd control and have the queues managed with minimal wait times. Your keys are jangling as you ensure proper entry. No scalpers allowed, all will be permantly 602'd. Save us a good ...
See More
Fri at 8:14am via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
27 people like this.

Lori Zager Dominguez Well stated Rita Jo -- no kidding !! She is definately helping St. Peter now.
Fri at 1:02pm

Danielle Robinson Well said Rita this is so true
Fri at 9:37pm

Pamela Berry Worthy Oh Patty you will be so missed. I have never met such a courageous, caring person as you. You were one in a million. You are in a better place and no longer in pain and for that I am glad but your passing is a devastating loss for the rest of us. You have touched many hearts…
Fri at 8:04am · Comment · Like
3 people like this.

Shirley Ann Keidser What a wonderful family and friend you have been to us all. There is great sadness with your leaving so soon; you had so much more to do and give. I continue to pray for you and your family; God Bless and keep you baby girl....
Fri at 7:03am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Jeffrey Tysor Patty, I will never forget you or the fun times we had working together many years ago. I still laugh to this day at your humor and comments. You were always a real treat to work with. You will be missed!!!!!!!
Fri at 4:44am · Comment · Like

Rochelle Kahalnick We lost a great friend and a true icon at the Main Entrance. My heartfelt condolences go out to her Family, Friends, and her Disneyland Family. Patty will be missed greatly, but her memory will be endless. She was my counterpart and partner in crime in the Esplanade with she working days, me working nights, and us si...
See More
Fri at 1:51am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
7 people like this.

James M Fletcher
In this note:Patty Sobolsky
YOU WERE ALWAYS THERE
Whenever I needed someone to talk to You were always there. My eyes filled with tears, my heart filled with pain, and You were always there. There was no time when I had doubt...
Fri at 12:40am · View note

Susie King I cannot even say how I feel. This last 10 months we have FB and texted through so many things together. My heart aches for your family and for all of us here. I will miss you beyond belief.
Fri at 12:38am · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Coleen Hagenson oh, Patty... I so hoped for your miracle. your humor and courage will forever be remembered by everyone who was lucky enough to have known you. my thoughts are of you ... and with Dave, Michelle, and Jeff.
Thu at 11:57pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Roberto Ayala Thank you Patty, for everything. You probably never knew it and I'm sorry I never fully expressed my gratitude..thanks to you Patty, you got me cross trained as a ticket taker. You were the only one who heard my plee and cries about getting crossed trained. You pulled me from my booth shift and took me to downtown disn...
See More
Thu at 11:35pm · Comment · Like
8 people like this.

Bernice Loya Patty!!! You will be missed in everyones hearts! it was great working with you these past years..but now your in a wonderful place!!! :) i hope they have facebook up there :) so u can read all these wonderful messages from everyone.
Thu at 11:20pm · Comment · Like
2 people like this.

Alma Mendoza patty, i just had the best time working with u at the main entrance...all the time i can say that some of my memories at disney were the time we had to do "guest control"when we had to gard the car at the main entrance ...u were one of the lead that made that day in the sun go by so fast and had so much fun !thx patty!
Thu at 11:06pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Lynn Greenlee Price Patty, you will be missed by so many! Heaven must have needed another angel. May God wrap your family in his arms and give them the courage they will need in the days ahead.
Thu at 10:53pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Nicholas R Mendoza As a new Cast Member and later a new Lead at the Main Entrance, Patty encouraged me to believe in myself and to never sweat the little stuff. As she bravely battled cancer, she also taught me the true meaning of strength and courage. Thank you for everything Patty...may you find the peace you deserve.
Thu at 10:32pm via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
3 people like this.

Stephanie Mircovich Gallagher Patty, your strength and courage was remarkable and I will miss your spirit! I am comforted by the fact that you are no longer in pain and feeling sick. I will pray for your family during this difficult time. May peace and love surround each of them.
Thu at 10:26pm · Comment · Like

Patricia Ann Ristuben Christensen In LOVING MEMORY of my dear cousin, Patty, who lost her battle with cancer today. May you rest in peace. Our prayers and thoughts are with you Dave, Michelle and Jeff.
Thu at 9:54pm · Comment · Like

Michelle Luna Patty, you and your beautiful family were our neighbors for 15 years. I feel like your passing is surreal. I'm glad that we had the opportunity to know you. My family and I love you and will miss you greatly...
Thu at 9:53pm · Comment · Like

Libby Shaughnessy I just got to know you the last couple years and I am so glad I did. You are such a special person and your never-ending positive attitude was amazing. You will be missed sooo much and I hope knowing how much you are loved by your Disney friends will help to ease your family's sorrow a little.
Thu at 9:51pm · Comment · Like

Marcia Totten I am so saddened to hear of this loss. I had been thinking of Patty today and wondering how things were, so to hear of this was quite a shock. She was a dear person to work with and an inspiration as we watched her fight on this site. I pray for strength and comfort to her family.
Thu at 9:49pm · Comment · Like

Pat Saldivar Patti You were such a great inspiration to all of us at the Main Gate. It was a honor to work with you.You always cared about everyone else,it was a pleasure to know you. You will be greatly missed. I can see you now running, laughing, and best of all in no more pain. I feel very blessed to have know you.All my prayers to your family.
Thu at 9:43pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Nermeen McBride  is saddened by the loss of an ex co worker/friend, and excited to see the in laws this weekend. We'll miss you Patty Sobolsky.
Thu at 9:41pm · View Post

Neil Santiago Patty, you will be missed. I am deeply saddened by your passing. It is a great loss not only to your family, but to your friends as well. Even for a short period of time, it was a pleasure not only working with you, but also knowing you. You were one of my favorite Leads at the Main Entrance when I worked at Disney...
See More
Thu at 9:32pm · Comment · Like

Nancy Amberger Patty I keep hoping this is not real, but I know it is. I have a candle for you burning outside....I hope you are at peace. Your family I am sure is at a loss but what a blessing to have had you in their lives I know I feel blessed. Love you Patty
Thu at 9:26pm · Comment · Like

Jeri Hoskey Patty was such a wonderful person...so strong, upbeat, positive. I am so thankful to have had her in my life. Reading over all the posts is awesome....so many people love you. Such a wonderful person. I love you forever Patty.
Thu at 9:16pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall
7 people like this.

Maggie Godfrey Buela! I will miss you so much my friend, I will miss your strength and your caring smile and your nail bitting! LOVES ♥

Thu at 9:11pm
3 people like this.

Terry Wick-Jack " A thing of beauty is a joy forever: It's loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness." - John Keats

You'll always remain in my heart sweet friend.

Love, Dennis Jack
SusanE1104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanE1104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 8:33pm
I'm so sorry to hear about our DisneyGirl.  She was indeed special.

Susan
Susan 62 1987 Stage 1   1/09 Stage IV bilat. mast. liver mets BRCA1+ Taxol & Avastin
8/09 NED
12/09 liver mets Taxol/Avastin
4/10 liver mets
11/22 Parp Car/gem
parp failed
2/2011 Ixempra
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2010 at 9:43pm
Denise,

Thanks for letting us know.  My heart goes out to Patty and her family.  I hate this terrible disease and sad that we've lost another beautiful soul.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

MaryinSarasota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryinSarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 9:10am
Sadness, anger, helplessness.

To Patty's family, we were lucky to even meet her here. So sorry for your pain.

Mary
53 @ Dx 5/08 Stage 1, grade 3, IDC 1.6 cm, 0 nodes, TNBC, lumpectomy, chemo TAC-6, radiation-34 12/18/08
NED-10/09, PBM w/TE recon. 7/10, removal of TE/infec 8/10. CT chest. Rec fat-graft & stem cells
jody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 4:14pm
 I met Patty on this website and I got to know her because we realized we live only about 10 minutes apart...I kept offering to run errands for her or come over and sit with her but she has SO MANY FRIENDS that she never needed me.  We chatted on facebook and got to know each other that way.  This was a woman who LOVED life.  Her job at Disneyland gave her such great joy....Any day that Patty felt up to it she would go to work (I think even if she wasn't on the schedule, they just let her come and work whenever she felt well enough).  She was so VERY loved by so many people...All I can say is that Patty...God must have known what a wonderful person you were...he probably has you at his main gate...exactly where you were at Disneyland ...I am sure that you are his #1 GREETER....I'm happy you are no longer in pain Patty..God Bless you and your family!
diagnosed 4/16/08 stage 1, node neg TN grade 3,lumpectomy 4/30/08 chemo a/c 6 rnds, finished 9/08. Radiation begins 11/6/08       La Verne, California
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 4:29pm
There are days, when I hear news like this, where it is easy to feel broken. And yet, the wisdom of her spirit will continue with those she touched to get up, fight another day, be kind to one another and smile. Her passing isn't the end of our relationship. Instead, it is the reminder of the power of enduring gratitude for the life we are given.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
jody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 5:26pm
Well said Mainsailset...I am seriously considering attending her funeral on Wednesday.  Although I didn't know her all that well, I feel like it would be a good idea to go and represent those of use who are still fighting this awful disease.
diagnosed 4/16/08 stage 1, node neg TN grade 3,lumpectomy 4/30/08 chemo a/c 6 rnds, finished 9/08. Radiation begins 11/6/08       La Verne, California
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 7:34pm
Hello Jody,

I think going to her funeral would be a very wonderful thing to do. Go and represent all of us who form this sisterhood of TNBC. I have been to funerals where I didn't know the deceased; maybe I knew their sibling or knew about the circumstances of the death and wanted to show my respects.

Love in Christ,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 7:44pm
Jody,

What a wonderful idea.  I hope you go and let her family know that Patty's TNBC sisters are there in spirit with you.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 6:54pm
Here's Jody's report after going to Patty's funeral:

jody View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote jody Quote  Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just got home from Patty Sobolskys Funeral
    Posted: Today at 6:30pm
Today I attended the funeral for Patty Soboloskys(disneygirl1956). ...

I am so moved by the experience I had today!

I can't even begin to tell you how many lives Patty had touched...talk about standing room only in a very large church! I don't think ANYONE was running Disneyland today because all of the employees were at her funeral!

Evidently Patty was the life of the party at Disneyland...always the first to make friends with anyone new...always baking cakes for everyones birthdays...always helping those who were struggling. One of her nicknames at Disneyland was (believe it or not) "Easy Patty"...not exactly meant the way it sounds...As it was explained by one of her many fans at work, "When Patty was the boss of the day, we new that work was going to be "easy" for them because Patty always took care of everything!

She was also called "Practically Perfect Patty" because when Patty was around her co-workers would say that everything was Practically Perfect!

There were SO MANY funny stories about Patty, she truely brought joy to absolutaly everyone she met! The story I would like to share with you, that evidently sums up the Patty that everyone loved so much is that one time the President of Disney was speaking in an auditorium to all of the employees.. and she and a few of her friends made a plan....While he was giving his speech...right in the middle of it...Patty ran out from the side of the stage right up to the PRESIDENT of Disney and KISSED him RIGHT ON THE MOUTH  and then ran off the stage!  Her friends that knew she was going to do it were standing by the side of the stage and snapped pictures and everyone just ROARED with laughter!

Yesterday, one of Pattys friends contacted me on facebook and asked me to find her at the funeral...Her name was Kathy and she was a friend of Pattys for over 30 years...she took care of me and introduced me to many of the people that were important to Patty...including Pattys husband David who I had an opportuntiy to have a few words with and I let him know that I was here today on behalf of all of Pattys friends on the TNBCF site...he couldn't believe it and wants everyone on the site to know how much you all meant to her...David acknowledged the support that she received from everyone here and how much helpful information she got from the people on the site...he is very grateful to everyone and gave me a big hug to pass on to all of you.

The service was beautiful with lots of tears and lots of laughter...and it really got me thinking....Pattys life may have been a little shorter then most people live,...but she lived more life in her short stay on earth then most people would live in 100 years...and I think that if I could live every day the way she did I think I would chose to live a short EXTREMELY HAPPY life then a looong miserable one!  Patty  truely taught people how to LIVE!

God Bless You Patty...may you rest in peace...

P.S. Apropriately, Patty was buried in her uniform that she wore at Disneyland, and many of the people who came to the service today came in their uniforms and badges...it was very very touching!

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 7:03pm
Jody,  Thank you.  Your words brought tears to my eyes.  What a remarkable woman and how she packed a lifetime into her years.

Donna

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 8:51pm
Dear Jody,

Thank you for representing the TNBC family at Patty's funeral. It was extremely gracious of you to do that.

I want to be sad for Patty, but it sounds as though she lived a full life. I know her husband and family will miss her a lot. It sounds like she left some Big Shoes To Fill.... so to speak.

Again thank you,

Love in Christ,

Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
jody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 9:00pm
Hi Denise,Lillie and 123Donna,  Yes it appears she sure knew how to live!  One of the moments that was very difficult to take is something I didn't know...Patty was expecting her first grandchild soon...The minster asked that each of her friends  please write down their memories  of Patty and get it to the family so that her grandaughter "Olivia" would have a chance to know her grandmother through them...a wonderful idea and also very painful to think about ...I hate cancer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic