FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Barbie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2008 at 1:48am
I was watching Oprah last week and Dr oz said you need to dry the spot off so they can heel and scab and peel off. look up that show you can watch it on your pc. keep drinking your water. I find h2o through a straw gets more down than a water bottle. I find i only take li sips if I am drinking out of a bottle but I get big drinks if I use a LARGE CUP FULL OF WATER AND A STRAW...We need to keep everything flowing through our body. We dont rush it we just need it to be moist rnought to come out with out hurting us.
trip neg , 1 of 11 nodes dirty , lumectomy , radiation , ac/c-t , 2cm , stage 2 , grade 3
Barbie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2008 at 1:49am
hi trip 2 and elaine
how old are you daughters
trip neg , 1 of 11 nodes dirty , lumectomy , radiation , ac/c-t , 2cm , stage 2 , grade 3
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2008 at 4:17am
Elaine, I re-read my post to you about Mary and Taxol side effects and it looks like I should go back to school.  LOL  I sure didn't put my words together right but evidently you got the drift.  Sorry.Smile

Elaine I am having one of those blank moments of something I wanted to suggest for Mary.  When it comes to me I will post, drives me batty!
Poor girl, I know someone who suffers from those and they sound very painful.

hugs,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2008 at 4:25am
Good morning Barbie, I hope you are feeling better?
My daughter is 39.  She's been working on her reconstruction, now
has her fils done so scheduled to go see Doc next month.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Elaine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2008 at 6:18am
Hi Barbie - My daughter Mary is 34.  She is halfway through her Chemo.

Elaine
Cookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2008 at 6:48pm
Nancy

I am in Coolidge, AZ for the winter. We're leaving this week to get back to MI. I found the most wonderful onc in Casa Grade. He is so very well aware of triple negative, is aggressive, listens, talks and hears. Just an everyday guy that is so down to earth. His name is Dr. Don Hill, on Cottonwood, in Casa Grade, if you're interested.

Yes, I have never met anyone with triple negative either. Lots of BC patients but no 3-, so where are all of us?

Finished my first round of chemo, dose dense and had no problems at all, to speak of. Will have my simulation done in MI on 4/18 then after 35 days of rads I'll go on my final chemo for 4 months, 3 weeks on 1 off. I'll be getting Abraxene and a carboplatin for that.

Cookie
Nancy Bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2008 at 5:57am
Cookie,
Thanks for the info.  I see my Medical Onc on the 28th & I will drill him on tn & what he is going to do with me to keep an eye on it.  I saw his PA 2 weeks ago and she said there wouldn't be any follow up since I am not hormone receptor positive.  I said "that is why I'm concerned".  So if he has the same theory.... I will be looking for a new Medical Onc. 
It seemed like such a whirlwind when I first saw him.  Started chemo right away.  Did chest & abdomen ct's which were clear.  I am into my 3rd week of rads with Radiation Onc.
I might still call Dr. Hill. Might be worth the drive. I have a hard time trusting Dr's. Trusting God is much easier! Thanks again.
I'll be praying for you as you continue treatment in MI.  It's a good time to leave AZ.  Won't be long b4 we reach those 100 degree temps!  Cry
My hope is in Him,
Nancy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic