FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

off topic-genetic testing cancer of the pancreas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: off topic-genetic testing cancer of the pancreas
    Posted: Jul 29 2020 at 9:32am
Dear TNBC Foundation Family,

For many years, unlike breast cancer, I was told that cancer of the pancreas was considered to be a poor candidate for genetic testing. I believe that has changed particularly in the last five years. I received an invitation to attend a virtual webinar on August 10th from PanCan, a wonderful non-profit focusing on Cancer of the Pancreas and I wanted to call it to the attention of those, in our TNBC foundation, that might find it of interest. It is free and I believe anyone can register.

http://communications@pancan.org

The speaker is from John Hopkins Cancer Center, one of the leading centers specializing
in Cancer of the Pancreas. 

I will be attending and hope to learn. In addition to the risk of male breast cancer and prostate cancer as a BRCA+ man I am also at risk based on my mutation and family history of Cancer of the Pancreas so I have a particular, personal, interest in this topic.

with my love to all here,

Steve

Edited by SagePatientAdvocates - Jul 29 2020 at 9:34am
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic