FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly diagnosed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jenniferlcw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenniferlcw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2021 at 8:02pm
Hello, Amrit. I'm glad to meet you! How are you doing with your AC treatment? I am doing 4 rounds of AC every 2 weeks followed by 12 consecutive weeks of Taxol. I'm not sure about my surgery decision yet. I look forward to learning more about how you are doing.

Hang in there,
Jennifer
jenniferlcw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenniferlcw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2021 at 8:08pm
Thank you, Andrea! I appreciate how you shared your decision to get a bilateral masectomy. You're right about Claritin. I am taking Claritin and Pepcid for bone pain (both suggested by my CNP) and so far it's doing the job. Right now I find myself going back and forth on the surgery decision (lumpectomy v. masectomy, to reconstruct or not), even if my tumor shrinks quite a bit. 

Take care,
Jennifer
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:15am
Dear DebbieW,

Donna has given you an important reference.

Have you had genetic testing?

I know it may be impossible for you to travel with your circumstances and Covid but I think it might be useful to get a second opinion. There is a very good Breast Medical Oncologist in Singapore who is an expert in TNBC. I don't know if she is doing any video conferences but I can try to find out.

If you would like to speak please send me a PM and I can set-up a Zoom conference. There are no charges but I am not a medical professional and the second opinion would come from the oncologist in Singapore. 

welcome to our TNBC family.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
DebbieW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbieW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:24am
Steve,
Thank you very much for your warm welcome and kind offer.
I have sent you a PM.
Am truly glad to be a part of this community. Thank you for having me.

Debbie

Amrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:21am
Dear Jennifer,
I finished 4 rounds of AC, am still recovering from the 4th treatment. Next, I start weekly Paclitaxel. One thing I want to share about Adriamycin infusion is that when the nurse gives the infusion through a syringe, I used to chill my mouth with a few ice cubes.  I did that for all 10 - 15 minutes during the infusion, and avoided drinking anything warm for another 30 minutes. Once I had a bit of throat irritation, so instead of drinking the melted ice, I used to just spit it our in a bag.  This probably helped me in avoiding mouth sores.
Hope you are drinking a lot of water after the infusion to flush out the drugs and avoid urinary irritation. Wish you all the best for your treatments!
Amrit
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:57pm
Dear Amrit,

The other remedy for painful mouth sores is 'magic mouthwash.'

Here is an article from Mayo Clinic that helps explain-

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/chemotherapy/expert-answers/magic-mouthwash/faq-20058071

Anecdotally, I have seen it help more women than not. Your local pharmacist should be familiar or medical oncologist.

with my love to all here,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
tjpecknh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjpecknh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 37 minutes ago at 7:39am
I will be having surgery first (Monday) as my tumor is <1cm. Once pathology comes back I'll decide on if I'll have systemic chemo before radiation.

Terri
DebbieW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbieW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 55 minutes ago at 9:21am
My oncologist has arranged for 6 sessions of chemo (3 rounds of FEC, then 3 rounds of FEC + Docetaxel every 3 weeks) followed by 20 sessions of radiotherapy. 

1st chemo starts 6 Feb. Have arranged it to be done on Saturdays so as to minimise any disruption to my work and my children's school schedule. Pray the side effects will be manageable. 

Debbie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic