FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly Diagnosed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Laurarev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurarev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 7:49am
Nobody told me about the mouth rinse with salt and baking soda! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try it!
A lovely gentleman sitting in the chair next to me on Monday suggested I try manuka honey ( with at least 20 something or other 🤷🏻‍♀️) He said it has amazing antibacterial properties and swears by it! Heís been getting chemo for 2 + years! 
JudyLynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudyLynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 2:49pm
Iíve been told to rinse with Equal parts of mylanta and liquid benedryl 3 times a day
sophie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 3:14pm
News > Medscape Medical News > Conference News > ESMO 2019

Immunotherapy Active in Early Stage Triple Negative Breast Cancer

Has anyone read through this document on the benefit of taking keytrude after chemo and surgery is over?

The latest review which also shows in TnBC main page saying great benefit so shall we take a shot as preventive? Anyone is doing that?
nancygayle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancygayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 6:24pm
My diagnosis was Stage 3 TNBC invasive ductal carcinoma in the right breast at age 73, along with PALB2 gene mutation.  I had 8 rounds of chemo, 2 weeks apart, before surgery in order to shrink the tumor.  It went from 6mm to being undetectable.  Pathology after double mastectomy showed no active cancer cells.  That was followed by 30 radiation treatments, which ended and the end of February, 2019.  I was told that chemo before surgery was best in my case and that proved to be true.

I would love to communicate with anyone else who also had TNBC with a PALB2 mutation after menopause -- or at any time for that matter.  How are you by now?  
Windhover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2019 at 8:20pm
Another newbie, completed my first TC chemo last Wednesday.  First day after was surprisingly OK - fatigue, chills, sweats and a headache but nothing worse. Friday woke up with a very sore throat, bad mouth sores, coated tongue; used the recommended Biotene and salt washes, and felt better.  Last night was a misery - conflicting GI issues, severe joint pain, headache, nausea, complete insomnia. Today just heavy fatigue and sore throat again. Does it continue like this throughout the course - up and down? I know I am very lucky that it hasn't so far been worse, but curious if this is sort of roller coaster is something others have experienced. 
Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2019 at 2:38pm
Hi There,

Yes, it continues to take the same course (at least it did for me) however the fatigue after each infusion seemed to get worse each time.  Mouth sores were remedied for me with Magic solution that your doctor can order and has to be prepared at a special pharmacy.  I only needed one RX.  Soon you will be through the TC chemo regiment and on to RADS which (for me) was SO much easier than chemo.  Then it's off to healing and feeling grateful that the treatment is behind you.  ~ Penny  

DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic