FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly Diagnosed Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jbtnbc54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbtnbc54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2021 at 1:32pm
Hi... 
I'm 54, married, no kids except the 4 legged variety (dogs), with a variety of food allergies (dairy, peppers, white cane sugar, and I seem to do better if I eat gluten free).  

I was diagnosed with TNBC ( I will volunteer to kept a list of acronyms if anyone wants to give me some. I could use a list when reading through the forums.) On 06/03/2021, after being originally being diagnosed with E/P+/HER2- on 12/29/2020.  (I still want to know how or why that happened.) BRCA negative.  I had Verzenio (oral chemo)  and Anastrozole  (estrogen inhibitor) treatment in February and I knew by April it wasn't working. In May, just after Mothers Day, the superclavicle tumor blew up my lymph nodes in my neck. This week I had radiation on it.  There has been some improvement, I think, though the lymph nodes are still swollen.   In the middle of this, I'm going on vacation to see family , and when I return, chemo (Paclitaxel and Gemzar).  Frankly, intravenous chemo scares the crap outta me. 

I am determined to live a long life one day at a time,

These days I'm looking for recipes for high protein soft foods to make the journey through chemo palatable and nutritious.  

Grateful for this forum and a place to share information.  I really do thimmk that the more information we have we can support each other in defeating TNBC. 
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2021 at 2:43pm
Hi Jbtnbc,

I'm so sorry you received this diagnosis, but glad you found this group.  You'll find lots of support while you navigate all of this.  Was your original diagnosis diagnosed incorrectly?

Here's a link to a thread discussing helpful abbreviations.  Most of the info is on the first page.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic