FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New
    Posted: Feb 15 2023 at 2:01pm
Today I hear you have triple-negative breast cancer. I'm learning as much as I can and as fast as I can. I'm mixed with emotions and trying to stay positive, but the more I learn it's not easy. I join today to find out more, how to handle this situation and a shoulder to cry on. 

Edited by hwhite - Feb 15 2023 at 2:31pm
hwhite
rickles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2023 at 5:47pm
Hi hwhite, My heart goes out to you. I am sure you are feeling overwhelmed at this time. I think you will find this forum to be a great source of information and support for you. I was diagnosed 8/2021 with TNBC. I went thorough surgery, chemo and radiation. I completed my last radiation treatment 4/2022. My last mammogram in 10/2022 showed no signs of cancer. I can tell you about my experiences but you need to keep in mind that every patient's situation is different. The treatment I received may not be the best treatment for you. What I can offer you is my support and hopefully some recommendations to help you get through this cancer journey. We are here for you. Keep the faith and take one day at a time.

Diane Byrnes
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2023 at 6:22pm
Thank you for your response. Your journey reassured me. I'm literally afraid to eat. I've searched eating as a vegan with no fat is the best option. What was your diet during that time.
hwhite
rickles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2023 at 9:03pm
I don't think you need to worry about eating a specific diet. A long as you follow a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, moderate amount of protein and carbs. I would limit the amount of processed foods, additives, artificial sweeteners, red meat... The classic food pyramid is a great guideline. Also drink lots of water. 
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 6:30am
Thank you. What you have given me it's a great start and I will locate the food pyramid.
hwhite
cookie54 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 8:21am
Hi hwhite, I'm sorry you are going through this too. It is a hard pill to swallow but there have been lots of advancements over the years. I can attest to that being treated in 2016 and currently in treatment. There are more drugs in the arsenal to combat this.  I know it's hard, try to take it one step at a time and advocate for yourself. You will feel better once your plan is in place.

Please remember none of us caused our cancer by what we did or didn't do. Rickles gave great advice just focus on giving your body nutritious foods to help you in this fight. There may be days when you can only tolerate certain food and that's ok too! Listen to what your body needs , there is plenty of time after treatment is over to focus on changes you want to make.

We are all here for you! Keep a positive outlook and always remain hopeful. Hugs.
Andrea
8/16,IDC,StageIA,Gr3,0/1 nodes ER-PR-HER2-
9/16 BMX,AC
6/20,StageIIIC,Gr3,ER-/PR-HER2-
6/20 Carbo/Gem/pembro
10/20 ALND 5/8 nodes,Rad x25
11/20 thyroid ca
Xeloda2/21
Stage IV 6/22 lung mets

kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 8:28am
The best advice I was given 22 years ago at my diagnoses was to be sure and allow myself 15 minutes daily for a good cry or pity party. We tend to always be the stoic. Giving myself permission was so freeing. 

Kirby
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 12:02pm
Hello Hwhite,

I echo what everyone has offered.  Eating healthy is your best option.  There will be some days during chemo where you will only crave or want certain foods.  Go with what your body tells you.  Some people will notice changes to their eating patters, like can't tolerate certain foods, spicy, etc.  I also agree to Kirby's suggestion.  I allowed myself the pity cry in the shower each day.  It was my safe place to release all the emotions that were bottled up inside.  You'll find lots of great information on this site.  Feel free to ask questions.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 3:45pm
Thank you.
hwhite
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 3:49pm
Thank you sooo very much.

Edited by hwhite - Feb 16 2023 at 3:50pm
hwhite
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 3:50pm
Thank you so very much.
hwhite
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2023 at 3:52pm
I appreciate each and every one for the much needed support and advice. I will begin chemo treatment next week. 
hwhite
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2023 at 9:28pm
Hi Hwhite,

I am so sorry!  I was just told the same news today.  I can be your sounding board, shoulder to cry on or any other kind of support you need.

Sending hugs your way!
Tiffany
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2023 at 11:14am
Thank you. I've been doing a lot of research since given the news. I will let you know that tnbc feeds on fat. I've gone back to being a vegan.

Updated 2/22
I've found the issue with myself. If you too have had textured tissue expanders or textured implants reply to this post. I have Allergan planning to have them removed and plan on joining a class action lawsuit or starting a lawsuit 

Update 2/24
Looking for him to find answers to my questions. This is where I learned of my situation on the tissues expanders and implants, it's the tissues expanders that are poisoning my body. He was my doctor and I find the bases of the allegations to be untrue. I liked him, therefore, that was admirable for me because I ask a lot of questions tons of questions. His bedside manners were present every time I visited. I am one of the two patients. He started on me but was not able to finish. I'd ask where he was and no one would give me an answer. I truly did miss him and his manners. 

Edited by hwhite - Feb 24 2023 at 7:17am
hwhite
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2023 at 2:33pm
Thank you for sharing this information!  It does not apply to me but I know the information will help others!

My scans are starting tomorrow.  I’m afraid something else will be found.  After that, chemo will start...
Jeanninem1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanninem1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2023 at 6:54pm
Hello, Tiffany 

My name is Jeannine and I found my lump back in December 2022, I’m Stage 1A-2A. Tomorrow will be my 2nd round of Chemotherapy. I was and am at times scared and confused. However, I’ve learned that it’s alright for me to have my cry but I can’t allow my emotions to control me. I have to be in the drivers seat and take control over the cancer. I’ve learned that I can’t control the cancer I have to leave that in the hands of God and my doctors. I can however, control my reaction to my situation and I choose to keep moving forward with my life. I eat healthy as I always have and I exercise everyday (Pilates is my Jam!) I’m focused on the chemotherapy helping me heal my body and I do everything I can to support that. This is a challenging situation for all of us here but we can find the silver lining. Keep your head up. You’re going to win❣️
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 6:40am
Tiffany,
Thanks as I do always try to help the next person. I can understand your fears of not knowing, but knowledge is power and power has to become your healing. 
The day of hearing my doctor praise my attitude, I told him there was nothing I can do about it, it's here, he said I thought I would have to be picking you up off the floor, I told him I've kicked cancer ass before and I will do it again (I apologize for cursing) he told me to keep that attitude it'll help you to get through this.
The day after I heard the news I started to drink sour sop two days a week on an empty stomach and put a plan in motion for myself. I put my assets in order and had planned to before now, but procrastination kept rearing its head. I then wanted to know what was inside of me. Since I did not know what it was, surely it was living rent-free and living off me. I sleep less to find out. What I found I started to apply, the first thing I found it lives on fat, so my diet became salads, vegetable trays, cruciferous fruits & vegetables, 100% fruit & vegetable juices, and matcha.

Update 2/25 
Added
Black pepper 

Matcha is grounded green tea leaves 

Update 3/4 

Removed
cumin now with black pepper for better absorption (I sprinkle that on everything) - causes anemia "Curcumin (found in turmeric) is an iron chelator (a compound that removes iron from the body) as well as acting as a copper chelator, which could contribute to anemia. However, excess iron is also to be avoided during chemotherapy."

https://foodforbreastcancer.com/articles/foods-to-eat-and-avoid-during-taxol-chemotherapy  

Edited by hwhite - Mar 04 2023 at 6:44pm
hwhite
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 10:31am
Hi Jeannine,

Thank you for your encouraging words.  They mean a lot.  How has chemo been so far?  Do you know how many rounds are anticipated?  I’m trying to stay positive and focused on work and anything else I can control.  I’ve been calling all my friends and encouraging self breast exams, mammograms and taking care of themself.  

I wish you all the best tomorrow and I know you will beat this!
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
Jeanninem1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanninem1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 12:58am
Hi, Tiffany,

I was initially almost paralyzed with fear but my treatments have been going much better than I imagined. My treatment is 12 rounds of 2 chemo drugs 1 time per week with immunotherapy given every 2 weeks. Then 4 treatments of two different drugs with immunotherapy given every 2 weeks so a total of 16 chemotherapy treatments. Then Surgery and then radiation. I work out everyday and that helps a lot. I do mat Pilates with weights and resistance bands on some days. I eat a balanced healthy diet and keep my mind focused on the fact that the chemo medications are helping to heal my body. I’m having my treatments at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. There is a team of doctors that focuses only on Triple negative and a Team that only focuses on Triple positive breast cancers. I’m in study that measures my tumor every other week to see if the chemo is working and it is. That’s why the Doctors at Mayo don’t do surgery first because it’s important to see how the cancer is responding so that they can make adjustments if need be. They also want to try to conserve as much breast tissue as possible as a lumpectomy and a mastectomy have the same outcome in my case. It’s important to feel confident in your team of doctors and ask lots of questions. It’s my understanding that the Standard of Care for Triple Negative Breast Cancer should now include Immunotherapy. I would ask if you qualify for that. I can honestly tell you that the advancements in research and medicine have been amazing and it works. I can visibly see and feel the tumor shrinking and I’ve just completed my 3rd treatment today. I’m confident that with the right mindset your treatment will go better than you imagine. 😊
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 8:13am
Hi hwhite,

Thank you again for the information.  I didn’t know you had beaten cancer before...you are amazing and so encouraging!  I am ready for this battle and I KNOW I’m going to win!  
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic