FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Never Give Up!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never Give Up!
    Posted: Oct 31 2019 at 2:39pm
It was almost two years ago today that I sat and wrote my first post to the TNBC Foundation Forum.  I was newly diagnosed and scared to death!  I have not been as active lately, but in the beginning of my treatment this group was my lifeline.  I have to get re-involved!  My past two years have been occupied with chemo (AC & ? then Taxol and carboplatin), lumpectomy, 2 mastectomies, port insertion and removal, lymph node dissection, 25 rounds of radiation and six cycles of Xeloda.  I am now NED and I have formed a FaceBook group called,  "After Breast Cancer - Now What".  I want all newly diagnosed members to know that some day you will be in my shoes.  Do not loose hope!  Treatment is grueling - but you are stronger.  You will come out of the other end a stronger and different (but better) person.  On my last day of chemo I had a poster made that said "I are braver than I thought because I faced a giant, and won.  I am stronger because I had to be.  I am smarter because I now know what matters.  And I stand taller because I am a survivor!".  All very true words.  I welcome any private messages with questions!  Donna you were my angel and it is time for me to pass it on.  Stay strong sisters!  You will get to the end of this long dark tunnel!    Ann
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2019 at 12:33am
Congrats on the two years! If nothing goes sideways this month I'll be three years out after thanks giving (knocking on wood, tossing salt over my shoulder...) Life is good again, grateful every day. We should have a Life Updates from Survivors thread so folks can pop in and let us know how their post TNBC life is going! Thanks for coming back Ann! 
PS: how did the Xeloda treat you? Quite a few ladies here lately are considering it. 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2019 at 9:00am
For me, Xeloda worse than IV chemo.  My hands and feet got very sore.  Then again, I considered it a small price to pay if it helped reduce reoccurrence!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic