FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Mother-In-Law Cindy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stephlipp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephlipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Mother-In-Law Cindy
    Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:44pm
Hello everyone, I posted here back in July asking advice on taking my mother-in-law, Cindy Stamos, on vacation while undergoing TNBC that had spread to her lung, brain and spine. We did take that trip to Maine and it was wonderful. This morning Cindy passed peacefully at home with her two sons, her husband and myself by her bedside. SHe fought HARD for over two years. Thank you all for the advice and help and support you given me here. God bless you all on on your journey with this disease. I will continue to pray for you all and that a cure is found. XOXO
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:07pm
Dear Steph,

All, too often, this is what our community faces. I think it is important to pay tribute to the valiant women for whom treatment failed. 

I, too, pray that better days will be coming for our community and in my heart of hearts those days will come...

You were, I am certain, more like a daughter to Cindy than a DIL. 

My sincere condolences to all of you.

warmly,

Steve

Edited by steve - Nov 09 2012 at 8:08pm
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Stephlipp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephlipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:18pm
Thank you Steve, I meant to call you in these past few days but things got difficult and I was with my family and my mother-in-laws house so much. Thank you again for all your advice and love. 
Steph

Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:47pm
Steph,

May Cindy rest in eternal peace.

So sorry to learn of her passing.......so appreciate your letting us know.
Thank you for sharing that her passing was peaceful with Cindy's husband, sons and you there.

Cindy sounded like a wonderful woman. So glad the family will have the special memories of the
Maine vacation.......including her short kayak ride and all the lobsters. Am sure the memories of
the family and the ocean were a comfort to her.   Am sure she appreciated all your caring and
love for her.

With very caring and supportive thoughts to you and Cindy's family,
Grateful for today...............Judy
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:20pm
Dear Steph and family,

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your mother-in-law. How fortunate that you all were able to take the vacation that meant so much to her.

Condolences to the whole family.
Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:54pm
Dear Steph,
I am so sorry to hear about the death of your mother-in-law.  I remember you asking advice about her going on vacation.  I know you and her family are glad that she did take the trip.  Hopefully you have many good memories as a result.

Condolences to her whole family
God Bless,
Lillie 

Edited by Lillie - Nov 15 2012 at 3:56pm
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply