FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mtnbc treatment help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Survivingsarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Survivingsarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mtnbc treatment help
    Posted: Mar 12 2020 at 2:11pm
I am desperately searching for some help, I recently got my tumor testing back and it is PD-1 positive. My oncologist is recommending that I do axbrane and immunotherapy as my number one treatment. 

I was hoping to keep my stage 4 diagnoses from my kids for as long as possible, and on this chemo I will loose my hair? 

Therefore I asked If I could do olarparib since I am BRCA positive and or xeloda as a first line of treatment. She told me if I decided to do either of those that I would forfeit the immunotherapy option.

I dont understand that if I picked an option that would allow me to keep my secret, secret a little longer, how they can deny me something that could be potentially life saving.

I'm in ontario canada.

Just could really use some help, been doing this all alone and my brain is tired.  I hope my ramblings make sense.LOL
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2020 at 9:21pm
Dear Sarah,

I was looking through some older posts and see that you have not had a response.

Sorry, about your Stage IV diagnosis. I am not a medical professional advice and will not offer you medical advice but I wanted to know if you have U.S. insurance. If so, I can help you try to find a Breast Medical Oncologist in the States. Please send me a PM and I will respond with my phone number. If I don't respond within 24 hours please feel to write me at steve@sagepatientadvocates.org There are no charges.

I have very strong feelings about telling your children and it all depends on their ages as to how you might talk with them. Maybe we can talk about this, privately?

As you can see in by profile below I, too, carry the BRCA mutation. 

with my love to all here,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic