FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MRI during neoadjuvant chemo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TKTK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MRI during neoadjuvant chemo
    Posted: Sep 19 2018 at 8:01am
I finally start AC tomorrow. I noticed that I already have an MRI scheduled a week after chemo starts. (Funny how it got scheduled without my even being informed of it needing to happen) 

How soon and how often have you gotten MRIs during your neoadjuvant chemo? 

Thankful that they want to check whether chemo is working that soon, but just curious if this is the norm, whether 1 week is enough to know.

TN, ki67=72%, 3 nodules lumped together measuring 5.5cm
(waiting for sentinel node biopsy results)
Tbabie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbabie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2018 at 10:13pm
My daughter is 24yrs old and starts AC on Friday. I bet they want to make sure it has not metastasized and see if tumor shrinking. I was also told after first treatment you may see less in size and pain will decrease. please let me know how it all turns out. I am concerned they waited long enough to start chemo and hope hers did not advance. the tumor is 18cm in size and breast is tender. ki67=60%
JudyLynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudyLynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2019 at 10:00pm
Started my chemo today-AC. I had brain MRI and CAP scans last week. Still waiting on genetic test to come back. Surgeon wants breast MRI to take a look at both breasts-so itís scheduled for Friday. 
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 8:19am
one week after your first dose of an every 2 weeks x4 regimen is too soon to judge whether itís working or not. Have you done a breast MRI in the last six weeks? If not this could be the baseline MRI. Odd they would wait until Chemo had started tho? I would definitely ask whatís up, since this isnít standard operating procedure. 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 8:28am
man, shouldnít post so early in the morning Confused to get mriís of both breasts is smart! I hope your first AC is smooth and uneventful. Let us know how it goes.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
JudyLynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudyLynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2019 at 10:40pm
Had my breast MRI on Friday and it about did me in after that first AC chemo on Tuesday. Better yesterday and today. Found a couple small spots the surgeon wants to biopsy and Mark along with inflamed lymph node. Will do that on Tuesday. 

Oral thrush! Will have to call the oncologist in the morning. Complete white tongue UGGH. Anyone know what they do about that?

Edited by JudyLynne - Oct 06 2019 at 10:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic