FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Melissa in Japan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Melissa in Japan
    Posted: Apr 12 2011 at 7:55pm
I apologize for not posting this when I received the email from Melissa's  (Masami's) husband.
Nancy

Nancy,

I am Melissa's husband, Yuji. Thank you for telling my wife your warmful message.

Actually, my wife Mellisa(Masami) passed away on September 11(!), last year, because of breast cancer. I am very sorry for being late for telling.

Actually until three days before her last day, we strongly believe her miracle. So we didn't have enough time for preparing "after days". So, I am still telling her friends this sad story, finding contact address, one by one from her mailing list, mobile phone, etc. That's why notice is late.

She had suffered from cancer from her first year of marriage for five years. Our marriage life was almost for finghting cancer. But Mellisa aiways said "I am one of the happiest cancer patient with my friends, families, and you".

Thank you for your warm friendship. Please remeber her and her smile for long time.

I am OK. I felt deep grief, but I am now getting better.

This desaster happnes just half a year after her memory day. We Japanese is now seriously thinking how to come over with controled emotion, but we really need international support. Only Japanese cannot handle this. This is not just a single earthquake, but 10-100 times more than that. Please help us. 

Thank you with deep appriciation.
Yuji Machida
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2011 at 6:01pm
Thank you for posting about Melissa's passing, Nancy!

Another sister has lost the battle... this is so sad.
May the Good Lord Bless and keep her in the palm of His hand and comfort her family with their loss of her as well as the horrible earthquake that has devastated their country.
RIP sweet Melissa, Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
zoomommy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2011 at 6:40pm
Nancy,
I can feel the love for Melissa from her husband.  So sad to lose another.
Lee in Denver
dx6/09,stageII,gr3,(L)mastectomy 7/09,ACx4,Taxolx7,Avastin study,gall bladder surgery 1/10,4/11 Stage 4, mets to lung, 4/11 Started Taxotere and Xeloda, 5/11 Taxotere stopped, off Xeloda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic