New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LYMPHEDEMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


 Post Reply Post Reply
Tasoula View Drop Down

Joined: Feb 04 2015
Location: Cyprus
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasoula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LYMPHEDEMA
    Posted: Feb 09 2022 at 4:47am
Hello everyone and hope you are well!
My mum had triple negative breast cancer and had surgery and lymph nodes dissection in 2009. Everything was well until recently unfortunately she had an accident and because her arm and chest was hit, lymphedema was started.
Do you know which specialist doctor can see her for lymphedema in arm?
He oncologist told her is orthopedic doctor but orthopedic doesn't know to treat lymphedema.
If someone of you had or have lymphedema in arm can you please guide me to help her what can i do. Which specialization of doctors can treat lymphedema? What did you follow for lymphedema? Exercises or physio?

Thank you everyone and wishing you all the best of health!!
Back to Top
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Joined: Apr 15 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 4743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2022 at 8:34am
Hi Tasoula.

From my experience your mum should see a licensed lymphedema specialist. There is a website for the United States that has been helpful in locating such a specialist in the USA but as the treatment needs to be done on a schedule that may last many months it will be difficult for her to get the proper treatment unless she re-locates to the States. Also, it is not clear if the treatment will work as lymphedema can be a life long condition.

I found the following site based in Denmark.

If you scroll down about half way you will find a link to their contact information. Maybe you can call/write them and see if they have any resources in Cyprus?

If you would like to talk with me please send me a PM or you can write to me at

Would be happy to do a Zoom. I am not a medical professional and I won't give you medical advice but maybe somehow I can help? There are no charges. Lymphedema can be a very difficult problem and your mum should get help from a lymphedema specialist.


I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.