FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just diagnosed Stage 1 ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
April-NJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April-NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:32pm
@ Karen 2 weeks after diagnosis! wow, Its Been 3 weeks for me and still no surgery appointment im going crazy here! Calling Doc tommorow to tell them to get moving my Plastic Surgeon said he will do what it takes to get me in asap even if he has to do an afternoon surgery, but still no word from the Breast Surgeon who has told me they are working on it! auughh the waiting is the worst I just want this ticking bomb out!
How long did you ladies have to wait for surgery from DX? also I am doing immediate Recon so they may be delaying a bit, anyone here do immediate recon, I am doing TRAM Flap 
Diagnosed 1-14-11- Stage 1 -TNBC -Grade 2 -1.5 cm tumor R Breast - Nodes Clear ,BRCA-Neg -Dbl Mascetomy 2-21-11 w/ Immed recon (expanders) 3 -DD A/C - 12 weekly Taxol Done 9/8/11
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:50pm
Here is one link showing cancer can spread not only thru the lymph nodes but through the blood also.

I had a couple of links for this info but don't have them anymore.  You might check the TNBC News/Resource section, there you will find alot of info.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
April-NJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April-NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:54pm
I really didnt want to know.....guess I shouldnt of asked......
Diagnosed 1-14-11- Stage 1 -TNBC -Grade 2 -1.5 cm tumor R Breast - Nodes Clear ,BRCA-Neg -Dbl Mascetomy 2-21-11 w/ Immed recon (expanders) 3 -DD A/C - 12 weekly Taxol Done 9/8/11
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 8:30pm
April,

Hello and welcome.  What Pam said is true, unfortunately.  It's one of the reasons why chemo is almost always recommended for TNBC, even with negative nodes.  The good news (I guess) is that TNBC usually responds well to chemo.  We don't have any adjuvant therapy like Tamoxifen that will work on us. 

Have you had the chance to review the brochure about TNBC?

http://www.tnbcfoundation.org/tnbcguide.htm

Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

jody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 8:56pm
Hi, yes, but again i am NOT a doctor, but my understanding is that TNBC is also vascular which means it can either travel thru the lymph system as well as the blood stream.  That is one of the reasons they hit it hard with Chemo.  Anyone with more knowledge can chime in here if they can give more info then I am.

Also, most women when finished with treatment usually see their doctors about every three months for 6 mo. to a year and then every 6 months for a year or so.

I am so sorry that you are having to digest all this, but we on this site have BEEN THEE, so feel free to lean on us for as much support as you need <3
diagnosed 4/16/08 stage 1, node neg TN grade 3,lumpectomy 4/30/08 chemo a/c 6 rnds, finished 9/08. Radiation begins 11/6/08       La Verne, California
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic