FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I miss unklez's jokes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I miss unklez's jokes
    Posted: Dec 14 2009 at 6:59pm
So here's one I just got in my email box

One dark night outside a small town near Everett, WA a fire started inside the local chemical pland and in the blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames.
The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around. When the volunteer firefighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company president rushed to the chief and said "All our secret formulas are in the vault in the center of the plant, they must be saved! I will give $50,000 to the fire department that brings them out intact!"

But the roaring flames held the firefighters at bay. Soon more depts had to be called in as the situation became desperate. As those firemen arrived, the president shouted that he would up the offer to $100,000 to the dept that could bring the company's secrets out.

Then from a distance a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the nearby Norweigen rural township volunteer fire company from Stanwood composed mainly of Norweigens over the age of 65.

To everyone's amazement that little rundown fire engine roared right past all the newer and sleeker engines that were parked outside the plant. Without even slowing down it drove straight into the middle of the inferno. Outside, the other firemen watched as the Norweigen oldtimers jumped off right in the middle of the fire and fought it back on all sides.

It was a performance and effort never seen before and within a short time the oldtimers had extinguished the fire and saved the secret formulas.

The grateful president announced that for such a heroic effort he would up the reward to $200,000 andwalked over to personally thank each firefighter.

The local TV reported rushed to capture the moment on film, asking the chief, "What are you going to do with all that money?" "Vell", said Ole Larsen, the 70 year old fire chief, "Da first thing ve's gonna do is fix the brakes on dat fo***ing truck"

dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 12:24am
Nice 1 mainy!

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic