FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many had mom's with Rh Negative Blood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Sunris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 11:25am
My mother was positive, but I am negative. My two daughters are positive.
Dawn

Age 43 at DX

DX 3-09 IDC 3.9cm

TN-Stage2-Grade3

Taxolx9, FACx2, halted TX,

Lump.8-25-09..rads x 8wks.

CiGi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CiGi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 12:23pm

My blood type is AB+.  My mom is A- and she did get the RH shot when she was pregnant.

Age 40, 4/28/10 lumpectomy (3 cm) TNBC Grade 3 Stage 2 0/3 nodes, TAC 6x 3 week cycles start 6/15 finish 9/27, 33 rounds rads 11/22. BRCA1 & 2 neg. Lymphedema rt hand 8/14. Joint pain Dec 2010.
isarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 10:50pm
I am Rh Negative (Mom is positive)
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 11:54pm
I juat found out both my mom and I are rh negative factor.
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
HausFrauMi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HausFrauMi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 8:21pm
My mom was rh- and got bc around 34-35 yrs of age maybe younger....she had me and then a miscarriage before she got the rhogam shot. I always assumed bc of that and her assumption that I was rh+ but I was tested when I got pregnant with my first child 10 yrs ago and was also rh-

So not sure if either of my kids are forgot to ask. I just got diagnosed tnbc two weeks ago

Hmmmmmm quite odd. My mom died from breast cancer in 1989 at age 38 because she was stage 4 prob at initial dx. We have no idea what kind of cancer or genetics. My genetics results aren't back til hopefully next week by my cancer review board on Wednesday

My tumor is 1-1.3cm, stage 1, grade 3. MRI Sunday morning. Tumor review board Wednesday afternoon. Ultra sound shows no node involvement and tumor is not palpable in its deep location.
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 5:55pm
I am a bit off  on the count since I am not sure if your blood type is the same as your RH.  But approximately 25 ladies who posted on here (not their mothers), are RH negative.  Only 10 were positive.  With it being a relatively rare thing could there be a tie somehow.
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HausFrauMi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 7:04pm
Any of the blood types can be + or - rh.
Since we don't know what kind of tumor my mom had not sure how to count that. But I'm triple neg and rh- blood type.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HausFrauMi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 7:06pm
This might help and shows the breakdown

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types
patticakes49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patticakes49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 12:18am
i just wanted to say im brca2 and ive got o negative rh blood i feel like an alien the more i read about it. i just had a bilateral masectomy  im having my ovarys removed in a week and still no reconstruction... this is all so overwhelming im really quite scared thank you for letting me vent
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 10:36am
Hi Patticakes49, glad you found this forum but sorry you have to be here. I hope you feel welcome and will meet the wonderful people here soon that I have also found to be incredibly supportive.

I see you're having surgery in a week, I pray that all will go well. Of course you're overwhelmed, there's a lot that goes on when one receives a cancer diagnosis. We'll do our best to support you, answer your questions and listen, ok?

For the record, I am Rh negative and so is my Mom. My oldest daughter is Rh+ while the youngest one if Rh-. Hmm, I do see a trend here, very interesting......

Edited by Jacklin - Jan 02 2017 at 10:48am
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Wildburg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildburg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2018 at 1:29pm
I'm Rh neg...had same thought as you :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic