FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"healer'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1cococo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1cococo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "healer'
    Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 6:13pm
ok here goes--today I was riding (my horse of course) and met up with a friend who in addition to being a med DR is also a "healer" I said something about peculiar twings etc-you guessed it I was in her wonderful hands--all I can say is it doesn't hurt anything and it certainly made me feel better--no I am not a ditz-actually very grounded--so posted this as just another way to make all of us a little bit happier--has anyone else tried this "hands on" as an alternative to meds?
1cococo
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2008 at 4:06am
I go for Reiki just about every time I go for a treatment at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.  I also get acupuncture.  Both of these can be used instead of meds if they work  for you to alleviate pain.  Using it instead of actual cancer treatment is something that I wouldn't advise. 

Caryn
Orig dx 6/03 - St.2a, IDC
gr.3,0 nodes, TNBC/BRCA1+
7/07 St 4 mets to nodes/lungs. PACA/Rads NED 11/07-10/08
Lepto mets 10/08
Rads for 4 brain tumors 4/10.
Leptomets return 6/10
Cheryl51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheryl51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2008 at 6:23am
I have experienced and do believe in "hands on" healing.  Just be sure that the hands who touch are people who are ethical and well trained.  I have met some incredible healers in my life and have actually done some of this work myself. 

Cheryl51
Diagnosed 3/07, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/10 nodes positive
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2008 at 7:47am
I have always been a big advocate of accupuncture thru chemo. I also credit that with relieving a bit of "frozen shoulder" even though I had full range of motion. I have tried accupuncture several times after all this, just for general tune up and haven't felt any benefits. Go figure ! I do continue with different modalities of massage etc. as a way of treating myself better and mainaining spiritual connection.

I think just having the faith in believing it may work helps. I am a skeptic but have rearranged my thinking to who cares how it works, everything can't be proven and what a bonus to try and expand to something different.
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
sibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2008 at 1:47pm
Yep! I go to my healer every chance I get, and always come out feeling sooo good! She's trained in sacro-cranial as well as shamanic healing. It's a true gift, all about channeling the energy. 

There's actually more science out there than you would think, to validate all this stuff. Barbara Brennan is a former NASA scientist who now is forefront in the field. Check out www.barbarabrennan.com. Her books are "Hands of Light" and "Light Emerging". Fascinating stuff!!

Donna, age 42
Dx IDC 12/06, 5/18 Nodes + BRCA1+
Double mast. 1/07
Chemo 6 X TAC 6/07, rads 10/07
Hyst./Recon. 12/07
Kimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 9:00am
I've had Reiki twice now and I think there is something to it.  When someone concentrates their mental energy on you for good, you can't help but feel it.  No matter what your religious or spiritual beliefs or non-beliefs may be if you are open to it, it will have an effect.

At my last reiki session I was laying there trying to concentrate and suddenly I started crying and wept like a baby while the practitioner whispered in my ear that it was okay to feel these emotions and to let it go.

I wasn't thinking about my cancer or feeling sorry for myself, I was just trying to clear my head and open myself to the positive energy when the tears started flowing.  I felt so good when I walked out of there.  I wish I could afford to do it more often.

Kimmy
DX 8/4/08, Stage 1, Grade 3,1.5cm
Lumpectomy 8/26/08
SNB negative
Started chemo 9/15/08
Adriamycin, Taxotere, Cytoxan
3wks x 6
34 rads finished 3/4/09
sibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 9:49am
I think what happens is that we store emotions energetically in our bodies. Sometimes when people work on our tissue or energy systems, it releases that.

A good energy healer can clear this out of our 'field' and release it.

I had a similar experience recently. My healer was working on my heart chakra, near the thymus which is lighting up on my PET/CT scan, and I felt a lot of sadness. She said the cancer is deep sadness and did some visualization and journeying work around that. I left feeling much release. I like that my healer is very interactive, asking me questions and guiding the sessions accordingly. Part psychologist, part massage therapist, part shaman. She' s a real gift!

I've noticed that some people get pretty offended at the discussion around cancer being related to repressed anger or sadness. For me, though, it seems to ring true. I'm so glad I have quality non-traditional healers around me to guide me through the emotional and psychological aspects, as well as good traditional docs.

Donna, age 42
Dx IDC 12/06, 5/18 Nodes + BRCA1+
Double mast. 1/07
Chemo 6 X TAC 6/07, rads 10/07
Hyst./Recon. 12/07
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic