FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

having first mamogram post treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: having first mamogram post treatment
    Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:16pm
Hi All,

Tomorrow will be my first post chemo and radiation mamogram and I am concerned.  The surgeon ordered a diagnostic mamogram which I guess is prudent since I already had a scare which was benign.  My complete physical is Monday and then a colonoscopy as soon as I can get it scheduled.
I remember the call like it was yesterday when I found out in 2011 I had cancer.  You have all been through this so I hope you can give me positive prayers and thoughts.  Thank you all, Joan

Diagnosed 9/2011 at 58 TNBC node neg lumpectomy chemo X4 AC chemo X12 Tax, rad 30 treatment starting 11/14 all genetic tests negative
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:26pm
Joan, 

My mammograms on my remaining breast are always diagnostic now. I'm assuming since you had a lumectomy yours would also be diagnostic too. There seems to always be pretest anxiety...hoping this feeling does not last for ever. My best to you for excellent results,

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 8:09pm
Thanks Blair, I hope you are enjoying your new home and stay healthy this year, we need a break!
Regards, Joan
Diagnosed 9/2011 at 58 TNBC node neg lumpectomy chemo X4 AC chemo X12 Tax, rad 30 treatment starting 11/14 all genetic tests negative
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:16pm
You're welcome. We are really enjoying the new house and the quiet and calm of the mountains. I had my mammo last month and blood work and got my port removed last week. All is well and we do need a good year! Smile  Hope you are enjoying your new home too.

Blair
Lump found 11/08
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:21am
Joan,

Sending caring and positive thoughts your way for your first mammogram post treatment.

Grateful for today.............Judy
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 12:47am
Joan,
Everything positive is being sent your way ...
TNBC stage1 size 1.8, grade3 no nodes 4/11 Lumpectomy 5/11 4cycles DD A/C 4cycles DD Taxol. Double Mastectomy 12/11 BRCA all neg
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:42am
Ladies, thanks, still no results, I am switching next time to a facility that reads them right away.  Have a great weekend, Joan

cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 11:35pm
Joan,
Waiting just plain sucks...just can't think of a nicer word for it. Hope you will call them first thing in the morning...the facility and your doc. 

Inwas very pleased this time with Vanderbilt since it was my first time there...had my results in 30 minutes. 

Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Blair
Lump found 11/08
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:59am
Dear Joan,
Praying for the best results possible from your mammogram.  The waiting really plays with every fiber of your being. 

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
indy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:15am
Thank you for all your well wishes, Dr called and my mammo was great!  I do not see the Dr until march and plan to stay healthy!  My primary Dr has some plans for me and I need to see her on Monday for my physical results.    I am sitting under a gorgeous coral amaryllis plant which has been a wonder watching.
It is beside the area where I use my computer.  Thanks to God for all you do for us!  Regards, Joan   
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:07am
Dear Joan,
So glad to hear that your mammogram was OK.  WHEW! 
Also, isn't it wonderful how therapeutic watching God's creations (an amaryllis plant) can be.  I had a similar experience watching my (mums) back in the Fall. 

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 1:04pm
march 14th i have first mamogram on affected breast, so of course im worried, this is the worst part of this whole thing, the worry, jennifer griffens wrote, that each time she has to go for her check up, she feels like shes going before her parole officer, i do to , will i hear im doing good, and just go on like usual, or will i be senticed, thats an alful way to look at it , but i got the worries today... bad , i had mamo on other breast in dec. they were so good, knew i was worried, they told me right away before i even left, that everything was fine, thats how it should be , had doctor vist the same day across the streat , they had blood work back before i got there , i didnt have to wait for anything,i walked out of there , like aaaaaaaaaaaa 3 more months of life, poor me, poor us... i need to find a way to deal with this better beck
ER postive in 2007 10 nodes in underarm,primary unknown, right side, did chemo and rad. Dec. 2011 TN left side 1.5 CM no nodes stage 1 did cmf chemo and rads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic