FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Give Us Your Facts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Martha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 3:51pm
Not sure if anyone is still collecting these facts.....but I found this thread so decided to answer the questions. I would be very interested in the results - so please post the data if still being collected.

How old are you - 50 at time of diagnosis. Am now 53
2.   Where were your born and where have you lived? Born in Terre Haute, IN. I served 20 years in the US Army - so have lived in Denver, Colorado; Washington, DC; Honolulu, HI; Salinas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Ft Polk, LA; and Landstuhl, Germany.
3.   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative - Poorly Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma, Nottingham grade 9, Stage IIIB, tumor size 3.9 cm
4.   What is your blood type B+
5.   Are you a drinker or a smoker - casual drinker before diagnosis, only an occasion drink now (1-2 drinks per month); never smoked.
6.   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - father had prostate ca; mother had colon cancer; sister had brain tumor; maternal aunt had leukemia;
7.   How many pregnancies have you had - 3 (2 daughters; 1 miscarriage)
8.   What childhood diseases have you had :  measles; mumps, whooping cough; chicken pox 
9.    Did you have any symptoms of your breast cancer - just the lump
10.  How was your cancer first discovered - self exam
11.  Have you had a re-occurrences in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - 3 recurrences; 2 in the same original right breast; last recurrence in mediastinal nodes and right pectoral area node.
12.  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed -  every 12-18 months
13.  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - no
14.  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - yes.  I was premenopausal and having problems with excessive menstrual cycles
15.  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - synthroid; nexium; occasional allergy meds
16.  Have you been prescribed anti biotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed? No
1) Have you ever been on birth control?  For how long?  What kind? yes, Ortho Novum 1/35 from age 14 until 25 (originally, to control menstrual cycle)
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? yes but minimal time - 4 weeks; second child I couldn't due to preexclampsia
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? yes
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? Yes, BRCA 1/ 2 neg
5) Exercise and diet? I eat lots of fruits & veggies, no specific diet but try to be healthy.  I don't have an exercise routine since I've been diagnosed. I used to walk regularly...and the 20 yrs in the ARMY, I was pretty fit.
6) Weight?  I am about 20-30 pounds overweight (need to work on that!)

I believe these are very good questions. Also, it might be interesting to see at what age we started our menstrual cycles?

Warm Hugs From Texas,
Martha
Dx 10/08;mastect 11/08; T2/N1/M0;TACX6;rads 5-6/09; recur 11/09;recur 3/10; xeloda + Ixempx5;recur 1/11; gem + carbo + iniparib 2/11; BRCA1/2 -; dx prog 1/12; Havalen Mar Apr 12;Abraxane, May-present.
mspachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 12:56pm
1/   How old are you - 46
2/   Where were your born and where have you live- Philadelphia, PA. Have lived in Florida, California, Texas, Virginia and now in Chicago IL
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative. - Stage 3, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma.
4/   What is your blood type - A+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker - Social drinker, nonsmoker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - Great Aunt breast cancer twice, Second cousin Ovarian Ca, Sister Melanoma
7/   How many pregnancies have you had - Two
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox - Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - Found a large lump that seemed to have appeared overnight
10/  How was your cancer first discovered - Found a large lump that seemed to have appeared overnight
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - Newly Diagnosed
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - Every two years
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - Not that I know of
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - Years ago
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - Had taken phentermine for months, 8 months prior to finding the lump
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed
Etc.  Yes
Susie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2011 at 9:08am
1/   How old are you 58
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived  Mississippi. Live in alabama
       triple negative
4/   What is your blood type O+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker Social drinker before, now 1 drink per month. Never smoked
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer Grandfather-pancreatic, Aunt-ovarian and breast, Cousin-colon, Grandmother-breast
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 4,one miscarriage,3 kids
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, , Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer no
10/  How was your cancer first discovered   mammogram
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur N/A
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed  yearly
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it   No
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed  No
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  None
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed
Etc.    No 
dx 10/08,age 56,.75 cm. Stage1 Grade3,lumpectomy,SN neg..,AC 12/08-02/09,35rads,03/09-05/09,BRCA2+(E1415X),06/09,oophorectomy 10/09,
Zometa - IV/mo.,07/09-08/10, lumpectomy #2 10/20/10 NED
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 6:53pm

1/   How old are you / 61

2/   Where were your born and where have you lived
born  in Rotterdam, Holland, lived in small city across from Manhattan for 56 of my years

triple negative /

4/   What is your blood type
      O positive

5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker
smoker quit in 1990 and  drinker who quit in March 1980

6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer
Mom's sister in Holland died from it, and her sis's son died of it too according to relatives in Netherlands in the 1930's. My dad passed away from mesothelioma in April 2001 from asbestos on the ships. He was a merchant marine, he had sailed since 1937. 

7/   How many pregnancies have you had / 3

8/   What childhood diseases have you had :  
Mumps and measles. I have immunity to chicken pox, so far lol

9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer
tumor was found in 2008 and I waited until I had insurance to have it taken care of in Feb 2009

10/  How was your cancer first discovered
lump in left breast got bigger

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur
Recurrence discovered July 2011 supra clavicular node and internal mammary node not palpable , MRI showed them.

12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed
believe it or not I had mammo every year since I was in my twenties. Had a friend who got it in her 20's so I was vigilant. One year I had no ins to cover it, no mammo. The next thing I have a lump

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it
Yes, breast maybe same one

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed

No but sure wished I did , never experienced menapause in the usual way. It just went away as I

15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on
Prozac, clonasepam, methotrexate, sulindac, medrol, b12 vitamins  and short period in 2006 lovastatin and a diuretic which I stopped after I developed RA.

16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed
Etc.  
Not before I was dx'ed 
month of Dec and on through winter and spring 2011, whole family was ill. cough and bad flu symptoms due to grandchildren Z Paks and cough meds at 4 times
I never had a vaccine to ward off flu.

17/ I was on birth control for 1 year in 1968 to 1969 stopped.
18/ Parentage Norwegian fathers side, Dutch mothers side

Date of Birth: March 2, 1950.... Birthplace: Rotterdam, Holland

In Feb 2007 I was diagnosed with RA , almost 2 years later to the day I went to the Leslie Simon Breast Center with a 7cm. lump in upper left breast. Biopsy confirmed Breast Cancer that same day. I have had mammos every year since I was 22 years old. Then one year, no insurance and no mammo and this.
 It was confirmed triple negative by Englewood Hospital Breast Surgeon Dr. Merle McIntosh.

Lumpectomy/partial mast was performed March 19th, 2009.  7cm tumor and sentinel node was positive out of 6 taken . All margins were clear Entered a clinical trial for non mets bc with the drug avastin. Phase III trial ECOG

Was prescribed the Adriamycin/ Cytoxan dose dense along with the avastin every infusion. Once my bp went too high and I had to skip infusion that week. Completed the course and took 1 month rest and then Taxol scheduled for 12 weeks with avastin every 3rd infusion. I tolerated chemo fairly well, neuropathy in feet did occur. But I also was beginning to feel effects of not taking my methotrexate meds for rheumatoid arthritis, so I asked Dr Kim my oncologist if I could begin taking them and I asked him to call Dr Scarpa my rheumatologist for confirmation.

It was decided that I was ok to take methotrexate small dose once again.

Began a temp and feeling ill, breathing problems Set 2009 . I was told to come in for exam and antibiotic and sent home. Got worse, breathing problems became worse and I went to ER at Englewood Hospital with fluid in lungs. Was in ICU for 5 days. Couldn't breathe. Was on steroids and was seen by cardiologist, who said heart was good, pulmonologist needed to see me after release. That was the end of chemotherapy and avastin. Released to go home Oct 10, 2009. Took a long time to begin feeling normal again...Never fully explained to my satisfaction what happened they called it an event.
Muga scans were on low side and a trip to cardiologist for heart.

Went on to have radiation 28 days and a boost of 5 treatments = 33. Finally all done Jan 2010.  yea!

Kept up infrequent visits to oncology for clinical trial and was pronounced ned.

Had exam earlier this year with Brian Kim and was sent for mammos. Microcalcifications were seen. Had appointment with surgeon for follow up after not having seen her on reg appt date. By chance my MRI was sceduled first as mammography was all booked . Immediately seen was lumps in area of left breast. Pet Scan CT came next. Confirmed supra clavicular node and internal mammary node light up. FNA Confirmed supraclavicular node was positive for cancer. they are both at 2 cm size stage 4.
Impression: Medial left supraclavicular and left internal mammary chain markedly FDG avid lymphadenopathy with metastatic malignant neo plasia.

Tested for Brca 1 and 2 bart but medicare says not paying cause I don't have enough cancer in background to qualify (just received letter from Utah) ??? nice

I need help seeking doctor who will accept Amerigroup NJ  and medicare for clincal trial recruitment.

Edited by HappyGoLucky - Sep 15 2011 at 1:21pm
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
Barbi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 9:26pm
Have you checked out the abraxane/tigatuzamab chemo trial out of UAB? I don't know all the centers participating, but my oncologist at Vanderbilt said it is very promising.  I started 2 weeks ago.
10/10,age49,St3,gr3,5+cm,1 node,BRCA-,T+Cisplatin+Rad0001(or placebo),Lump 1+cm,AND 0/15,AC,rads finished 7/6/11.Mets bone, liver,mamm node 8/11,abrax/tigatuzamab failed.Started bicalutamide 11/16/11.
HappyGoLucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyGoLucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 10:03pm
Hi Barbi
Thanks I looked up the trial, Sloan Kettering / Dr Traina will be recruiting for it.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Not yet recruiting
New York, New York, United States, 10065
Contact: Rebecca Hawke     646-888-5334     hawker@mskcc.org    
Principal Investigator: Tiffany Traina, M.D.

Edited by HappyGoLucky - Sep 10 2011 at 10:06pm
2/2009 7cm tumor, sent nod. pos. Lumpectomy 3/19/09,a/c dose dense+avastin clinical trial, taxol avastin stopped with pneumonia. 33 Rads 01/2010 ~ reccur 2011 supraclav.and internal mammary nodes. rad
mags20487 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mags20487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 10:24pm
1/   How old are you  43 at dx--4weeks ago
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived born in Augsburg Germany,  Miami, Merritt Island, FL and Melbourne, FL
       triple negative grade 3 metaplastic type poorly differentiated
4/   What is your blood type B-
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker never smoked...love red wine..3 to 4 glasses a week
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer Mom--melanoma, 2 maternal aunts lung cancer--smoked like chimnies
7/   How many pregnancies have you had- 2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer -sore where underwire of bra touched.  Left arm pit swelling--could not keep arm by my side
10/  How was your cancer first discovered--self exam
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed--every yr except 2010--had no insurance and skipped it :(
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it--no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed--no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on--birth control pill for 18 yrs--last 6 yrs was on Seasonique--only 4 periods a yr
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed--yes..prone to sinus infections
Etc.   
Diag 8/17/2011 2cm metaplastic grade 3 bmx 8/23/2011 3/18 lymphs-Taxol x4 9/22/11 a/c x4 1/16/11.rads and recon 2012 diep 11/1/12 failed left side redone gap flap 3/5/13. lymph node transfer 5/22/13
kim13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 11:16pm

1.      How old are you – 37, diagnosed 3 days after my b-day “HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~ you have cancer!”

2.      Where were your born and where have you lived –born in FL, grew up in LA, lived in AK, AL, SC, MS, & TX

3.      What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being

triple negative - IDC

4.      What is your blood type – no idea ~ that’s bad huh?

5.      Are you a drinker or a smoker – trying to quit smoking before surgery (but the stress ~ ugh) and social drinker

6.      Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer – a list a mile long but no immediate family members

7.      How many pregnancies have you had – 3 (2 live births, 1 miscarriage)

8.      What childhood diseases have you had – Chicken Pox & Mono

9.      Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer – painful lump

10.    How was your cancer first discovered – drying off after shower

11.    Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur – N/A still in my first rodeo

12.    How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed – nope too young

13.    Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it – nope

14.    Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed – Yes when I was trying to have kiddos. 

15.    Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - none

16.    Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed – yes in the past, but haven’t been to the dr since 2009 (I’m bad ~ I avoid them at all cost, well until now)

17.    Have you ever been on birth control? For how long? What kind? – for a brief period of time when I was about 18

18.    If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? – I pumped for 2 weeks, but wasn’t able to produce and my preemie couldn’t have my breast milk after taking fenugreek

19.    Do you have dense breast tissue? – of course

20.    Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2 – BRCA1 positive

Edited by kim13 - May 21 2012 at 11:18pm
3.7.12 Dx @ 37, IDC, Stage 2 grade3, ER-, PR-, Her2 -, 2.6cm x 2.4cm x2.4cm , 12 Taxols & 4 FACs, BRCA1 +, Bilateral Mastectomy 9.27.12, Complete Hysterectomy 10.22.12
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2013 at 12:26pm
bumping for new members
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Weshallsee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weshallsee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2013 at 2:25pm
1.      How old are you – 51

2.      Where were your born and where have you lived –born in DC, lived in MD

3.      What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being

triple negative - IDC

4.      What is your blood type – A

5.      Are you a drinker or a smoker – quit smoking 15 years ago, not a drinker at all

6.      Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer – breast cancer (Grandmother, Great Aunt, Aunt) Lung Cancer (mother, she was heavy smoke)

7.      How many pregnancies have you had – 4 (3 live births, 1 miscarriage)

8.      What childhood diseases have you had – Chicken Pox

9.      Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer – painful lump

10.    How was your cancer first discovered – Sitting in bed reading a book, left breast felt like someone was blowing up a balloon in there

11.    Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur – N/A one year out NED

12.    How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed –  at 45 and 50

13.    Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it – Yes, many work with Autistic Children

14.    Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed – No

15.    Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on – Lyvoxyl, Aciphex, Plaquenil, Antibiotic IV for Lymes

16.    Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed – Yes I took massive doses of antibiotics for severe infection of lymes  (made bad from a doctor giving me prednisone)

17.    Have you ever been on birth control? Yes, Polycystic Ovarian Disease 15 yrs  What kind? – Orthonovo, then premarin after hysterectomy

18.    If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? – No

19.    Do you have dense breast tissue? – Yes

20.    Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2 – No 

raehyg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raehyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 8:45pm
1/   How old are you  40
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived  Brooklyn, New York; Long island, New York (currently Bohemia)
       triple negative-Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
4/   What is your blood type B +
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker -neither
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer, Paternal grandmother died of breast cancer at a young age, maternal; grandmother had uterine cancer, my mom had LIs precancerous cells twice (not breast cancer per say)
7/   How many pregnancies have you had -4 1 ectopic and 3 live births
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox-none
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer- lump
10/  How was your cancer first discovered- a cystic tumor grew next to an area that I thought was scar tissue
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur- going through treatment now 1st diagnosis
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed- Prior to 3 years ago I was going every year and sometimes every other since I was 26. I did the brca testing and was negative and since I was under 40 I decided to take a break
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it-yes, major car accident whole body
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed-years ago when I was having issues prior to RA diagnosis
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on-Orencia was the last but I was on Humira, embrel, methotrexate, and prednisone oh and synthroid. ibuprophen, ultram to mention a few
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed synthroid, motrin, ultram , orencia
TNBC invasive ductal carcinoma dx 2/21/13, dose dense AC/T, will have double mastectomy end of summer
raehyg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raehyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 8:48pm
read this question wrong can I say chemo brain, lol
  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed yes several to prevent and assist from getting sick due to immune system Rheumatoid arthritis
TNBC invasive ductal carcinoma dx 2/21/13, dose dense AC/T, will have double mastectomy end of summer
raehyg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raehyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 8:49pm
I don't know how to edit I forgot my daughter had Neuroblastoma
Carol (Tenn) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol (Tenn) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 5:46pm
Rae
Click on Post Options..then edit
St 2 Gr 3, A/C/T, DD
Radiation x35
Rec chest wall 07/09
Radiation x28
NED 10/24/11
NED 10/5/12
NED 03/15/13
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 12:44am
1/   How old are you- 40
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived- Washington, DC, FL, and MD, VA
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being Invasive ductal carcinoma
       triple negative
4/   What is your blood type B+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker no and no
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer  yes grandmother and her sister
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 3
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox - none
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer- just lump I found prior to first mammo
10/  How was your cancer first discovered- by myself
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur start chem 6/7
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - see above
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - thyroid-fine
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - sleeping aid
no
Diagnosed 4/29
Lymph nodes clear on MRI on 5/20
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
final mri- no lymph 4mm or less residual
Lump right side on 10/16
7 nodes taken - all clear - clean margins

sweetjam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 5:43pm
1/   How old are you 50
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived Delaware;  Lived in NJ, CA, MI and AZ
       triple negative Invasive ductal carcinoma
4/   What is your blood type No clue
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker Glass of wine or two cooking diner non smoker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer Father: esophageal, GMPaternal: Ovarian, Aunt (maternal) breast, 1st cousin (maternal) breast 
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer None besides the lump
10/  How was your cancer first discovered in the shower
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed every year since 35
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed yes
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on birth control and verapamil for migraines prevention
Etc.   No I am rarely sick
DX 1/17/14 TN IDC, Stage 1 Grade 2, 1.4cm, Age 50, BRCA -, Started Chemo 2/10 C/T, every 3 weeks. Last Chemo 5/23/14. Double Mastectomy 6/23 3/4 nodes all negative. 6/23 final path tumor ER+, PR+,
belleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:54pm

1/   How old are you? 35

2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? Born in Scotland, lived in England, Singapore and now Nevada for the past 28 years.

3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer other than it being

triple negative? Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Stage II, Grade 3

4/   What is your blood type? O positive

5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? light-moderate drinker, ex social smoker

6/   Has anyone else in your family had any kind of cancer? No one in immediate family.

7/   How many pregnancies have you had? Two

8/   What childhood diseases have you had?  Chicken Pox

9/    Did you have any symptoms of your breast cancer ? No - just found the lump one day.

10/  How was your cancer first discovered? By me.

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur? N/A (Still in treatment)

12/  How often did you have mammograms before you were diagnosed? Never

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it? Not to my knowledge

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? No

15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? Prozac, birth control pills

16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year before your were diagnosed? No - the first time I ever had antibiotics was during my lumpectomy.

A couple other questions that quickly come to mind:

1) Have you ever been on birth control?  For how long?  What kind? Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Aviane (15 years save for the couple I took a break to get pregnant).

2) If you have children, did you breastfeed?  For how long? 6 weeks first baby, 1 week second baby.

3) Do you have dense breast tissue? Not overly dense.

4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? Tested negative
Dx 1/2/2014, Age 35, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, TNBC * LX-SNB-Port Placement 1/9/14
4 x A/C (Dose Dense) 12 x T (last dose will be 6/9)
BMX July 2014 No Recon; BRCA Neg
kreynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kreynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2016 at 10:21am
1/   How old are you-I was 46 when I was diagnosed. I am now 55.
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived-Minneapolis, MN. I have lived in MN all of my life except I was living in East TN from 1978-1982. 
       triple negative-IDC
4/   What is your blood type-A+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker-Never for both
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer-My dad had colon cancer and his mother had breast cancer and lung cancer. Three of her nieces died from breast cancer.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had: 1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox: I have had measles and chicken pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer-no
10/  How was your cancer first discovered-during a routine mammogram
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur-no
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed: I actually started having them annually when I was about 35 I believe. My paternal grandmother was diagnosed when she was about 36 or 37 and my dad was diagnosed at age 40 so it was strongly recommended that I begin screening for both breast and colon cancer when I was in my 30's. 
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it-I had a fall when I was about 26 and injured my back.
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed. No.
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on. None.
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed. No.
gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2016 at 2:01pm
1/   How old are you?  Currently 41, diagnosed at 40.
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? Santa Cruz, CA still here.
       triple negative?  Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Stage 1, Grade 3
4/   What is your blood type? A+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? Glass of wine a night
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer? Yes, breast, ovarian, colon, prostate, stomach.  Found out after DX that my family tree is loaded with cancer.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? I was tired, just thought it was age and because I was a mom.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered?  Mammogram
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur?  No, just celebrated my 1 year
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed? Dr started me yearly at 37 due to family history of cancers.
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it?  Yes, cardoor in to chest, 20 years ago.
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? No
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? Singular, Zyrtec, Aciphex, Dulera, Omnaris
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed? Yes
Etc.   

Edited by gardengirl - Dec 05 2016 at 2:04pm
BRCA -
Lynch Syndrome -
23PanelDNA -
10/2015 DX TNBC IDC Stage 1 Grade 3 .8mm
11/2015 Surgery Par. Mas.. left side 1 cm
12/2016 A/C 4x
3/2016 Tax/Carbo 9x 33 rounds radiation
4/2018 reoc. sternum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic