FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3rd A/C coming up.....need encouragement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3rd A/C coming up.....need encouragement
    Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 5:05am
I have my 3rd A/C coming up on Thursday.    I haven't even started feeling better from my last A/C so you can imagine how excited I am about Thursday!!!!!

I guess I just need a little encouragement because this time I haven't felt good most of the time and I guess that's just the cumulative effect of chemo.   I keep telling myself that after this treatment I'll only have 1 more A/C to go and then I'll be on to 12 weekly Taxol treatments.

For those of you who had A/C an then followed with 12 weekly Taxol can you tell me how you felt being on Taxol as compared to A/C?   I just want to know what to expect.    I can pretty much expect feeling like a bus has hit me for this upcoming treatment and then the one 2 weeks later but give me some good news..........tell me Taxol will be better.

Tabatha
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 7:17am
Give me a T
Give me an A
Give me a B
Give me an A-T-H-A
What's that spell?          TABATHA!
Who can do one more AC?   TABATHA!
Who is an ass-kicking survivor?  TABATHA!
GOOOOOOOOOOO  TABATHA!

(no, I was never a cheerleader, but you know, the collective unconscious and all that :)  )

My experience with chemo is that it wasn't monotonic.  Some cycles would be awful, and then the next would be better.  It wasn't strictly cumulative, and I couldn't really predict it.  So just because this cycle was bad, don't fear that the next will necessarily be worse.  It might be much better!

Love,
Denise

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 7:43am
lmbo............THANK YOU.............YOU ACTUALLY MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!    Atta girl!!!!!   lol

I guess I am just feeling a little sorry for myself today.........thanks for the encouragement!!!!   lol
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 8:42am
Hi Tabatha,

everyone is different

for my daughter...she hated the AC...she had infusion every other week...
first week she felt really fatigued...following week a bit better...

for TAXOL...muscle pain she didn't have on AC..same deal first week awful
second week a bit better..

there seemed to be a cumulative effect so after the four months of treatment she wasn't instantly better even post chemo..didn't feel really better till six months out..

Tabatha, she is now 5 years out NED...so try to remember that all this agony will hopefully bring you some important benefit..

hang in there...we are with you...

please think positive and try to find the joy in each day..

in your corner,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Autumn10182001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn10182001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 9:11am
Tabatha,  I felt like shxx thru all of my AC treatments, for me, they got worse with each one.. some women I know had that, and others breezed thru the AC - i will be darned if I know how.. I was very sick.  I have had 9 of my 12 Taxols, I go for number 10 tomorrow..  I am much much much better on the Taxol.. no nausea, the fatigue appears to be a little cummulative, ut everything else is fine..  a little constipation, but I am functioning, I go out grocery shopping, spend time outside... mowing my lawn, lots of things I can do now.. the last 2 treatments of AC i was in bed the whole time....  i was dose dense. not sure if you are..  with the taxol, I do have a little pins and needles in my feet, not much... and some bone pain, but it is more like muscle stiffness than bone pain for me..  good luck honey...  you can do it.. I didn't think I could either, but I did.... Autumn
DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09
sharon rereg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharon rereg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 11:08am
Dear Tabatha--I found the taxol much easier than the AC. The double whammy of neulasta and taxol did give me bone aches, but I understand some oncs now think the neulasta isn't needed with the taxol. That might be with the lower weekly dose that many are getting instead of the bi-weekly whammy I got nearly 5 years ago. Anyway, it's worth checking into.

Good luck

Sharon
dx 03/05 multi focal TN, lymph involvement.BRCA- 4 dd AC, 4 biweekely taxol, bil mast 08/05, 38 rads. NED
susied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 11:33am
Finsihed #4 of A/C today!!!  YIPPEE......................I have to say that I have had more good days than bad days with the A/C....no vomiting & very little nausea.  My worst thing was the crash after the steriods wore off,,,That was awful.  Have had some bone pain from the neulasta and some very tired, beat up days but all in all it was not as bad as I thought it would be......now on to Taxol...I will have 4 bi-weekly. Yje unknown is scary...no idea what to expect from T...... Then surgery, probably around Dec........I guess after reading all the posts about A/C that have been posted lately, I am lucky....my tumor has shrunk quite a but and the Onc is very pleased....me too!!!!

susied

Edited by susied - Sep 28 2009 at 11:35am
cg--- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cg--- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 2:27pm
You deserved a break after all you have been through...

I did the Taxol every two weeks....we will help you through it.  Just remember to ask your oncologist if he/she prescribes anything with Taxol.  I do not have any peripheral neuropathy and I hope that is your outcome too.

I took vitamin B6 and many oncologists will prescribe before you start the Taxol.

Big Cyber Hug,

Love,
Connie
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 4:14am

susied,  you and I sound alot alike as far as what we are doing.    By far for me the worst thing is the steroid crash.....and then I have pain in my legs from the Neulasta shot.    Basically feel like I got hit by a bus and nobody bothered to shove me out of the way.   lol

I guess I'll just hang on for the ride.   It sure does get bumpy though doesn't it?   Sheesh!

susied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 5:37am
MY  best bud in PA is just over the treatments and on to surgery and she likens the steroid crash to the Hindberg crashing, the Titanic sinking and the Spruce Goose nosing into the nearest resevoir!!!!!  Made me laugh until it happened to me and boy did I agree!!!!!     I dred Fridays becasue that is the day I feel like that bus hit me and then backed up and did it again for good measure!    Hopefully, after T it won't be so bad but I wouldn't count on it!!!!
Good luck....hopefully we can compare good notes!!!

susied
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 7:38am
Originally posted by dmwolf dmwolf wrote:

Give me a TGive me an AGive me a BGive me an A-T-H-AWhat's that spell?          TABATHA!Who can do one more AC?   TABATHA!Who is an ass-kicking survivor?  TABATHA!GOOOOOOOOOOO  TABATHA!(no, I was never a cheerleader, but you know, the collective unconscious and all that :)  )My experience with chemo is that it wasn't monotonic.  Some cycles would be awful, and then the next would be better.  It wasn't strictly cumulative, and I couldn't really predict it.  So just because this cycle was bad, don't fear that the next will necessarily be worse.  It might be much better!Love,Denise

Tabatha,
Just remember that this too shall pass and you will be strong and healthy once again.

Denise,
Love the cheer leading sequence!

Regards,
Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
myrnainc123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrnainc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 7:32pm
Yep this is temporary! Your doing great and almost done with the whole mess. I was weak and sick on AC, but had neulasta after every treatment. After taxertere (I know Im not spelling that right) I was just sore. You will get through this you will! Then 3 years out you can be running your 1st 5 k run which I'm doing in October in OKC. It takes about a year after the end of treatment before you can see who you are again ( and you will still be there). But then you start to pick yourself up and start dusting yourself off ( thats how I felt) and not Im not just dusting Im running! Just remember you have great support here, and this really is just a temporary bump in the road.

Myrna, triple negative, grade 3, chemo, radiation dx May 06, treatent ended Thanksgiving 06. Im 58 years old and a runner, you can do this:)
Myrna 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic