FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Share some effective treatments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
chicklitzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicklitzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2007 at 12:42pm

Hi Michele, you might want your friend to check out some of the studies. Right now I am on the swog 0012 trial and I am having a good response so far to treatment.  I am 10 weeks into treatment and my tumor has shrunk by about 1.5cm, almost half now, from it's original 3.8cm. I am on weekly adriamycin and daily cytoxan with neupogen shots. What I like most about this treatment is that if it will shrink the tumor by this much then hopefully anything else that may be floating around anywhere else will be zapped .....Dead!!!! I have added the webpage below, you just need to click on the video button for swog 0012. Sending prayers her way.

Michelle

triple neg
3.8cm
2b  
Jeannie44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannie44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2007 at 4:46pm
My wife is a triple negative and has undergone the following treatments

Nov 05 - Lumpectomy with clean margins
Jan / May 06 - 4 cycles of AC followed by 35 doses radiation
July 06 - Reoccurence in same breast area
Aug 06 - Dec - Cisplatin and Taxol regiment
Dec 06 -  Spread into breast dermal lymphatics and became inflammatory breast cancer
Dec 06 - Masectomy
Jan/Feb 07 - Began Avastin Trial with Cytoxin pills
March 07 - Reoccurence in dermis and spread through lymphatic system (Stage 4)
March/April 07 - Went on Xeloda and Tykerb pills
April 07 - PET scan showed further lymphatic involvement (but no major organs)
May 07 / June 07 - Went on Avastin/Doxil/Gemzar regiment
July 07 - PET scans showed reduction of tumors in lymphatic system after 2 cycles.  Still no major organ involvement.   Decision to continue with same protocol for 2 more months and see if tumor reduction continues. 

Wow, after writing this... it is hard to believe what all we have been through the past year.   But the current treatment results are encouraging.  

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2007 at 5:07am
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry your wife has been thru so much and that is great news that the PET is showing a reduction in her tumors.
She is lucky to have you for support.
Please give her our best wishes for continued improvement and let us know how she is doing,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2007 at 5:10am

Michelle, congratulations on doing so well w/this trial, that is wonderful! Clap

Edited by trip2 - Jun 17 2007 at 5:11am
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic