FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to begin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2023 at 8:13pm
Hi Wendy,

Your treatments are a bit more intense than mine.  I have had severe bone pain and exhaustion after the Neulasta.  The medication stimulates neutrophil production so it makes sense my bones will ache but good grief!  It’s bad.  Today is day 4 post Neulasta so I’m hoping I stop feeling my clavicles, pelvis and ears ache soon.  

How are you holding up?  If you are a bit fatigued and that’s it I think that is a win!  I’m glad you are not working now, this has been a tough few days.  Please try to stay positive and we will get through this!

Hugs and good thoughts!
Tiffany
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2023 at 2:02am
hi Tiffany,
I hope your bone pain has improved, I had the odd shooting bone pain but nothing too bad. Have you got treatment today? If so, I hope it goes well.
I had just taxol yesterday and felt well enough to go to lunch. Today I’m feeling great, I’ve even done some reformer Pilates! I didn’t expect to have any days this good so everyone I get is a bonus.
I really hope you feel better after this weeks treatment. Do you have the neulasta weekly? Is it worth having if it causes so much pain? I’ll google now!
Big hugs and lots of strength 😘
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2023 at 9:55pm
Hi Wendjc,

How are you doing?  How are your weekly treatments?  I hope you are well and still able to lunch with hubby and do Pilates!  My 2nd treatment is Thursday and I’m ready.  I’m hoping the Neulasta aftermath isn’t as bad as the last time.  I had such body aches for almost a week.  

I got my hair shaved off last week.  I’m glad I did because now it is starting to fall out.  Oh well...it will come back.  I hope you and your family are well and I am sending hugs and positivity your way!

All my best~
Tiffany
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2023 at 8:35am
Hi Tiffany,

Sorry to hear you had a whole week of pain. Are  the Neulasta side effects worth the benefits? I don’t know too much about it. My bloods took a bit of a dive last week but they were ok again this week, which was a relief.
I had my carbo and taxol (2nd round) today, early because of Easter and another holiday here this Wednesday. It went ok, feel fine so far but tomorrow might be different 🤞
The taxol only weeks have been completely fine! Double weeks are a bit worse but very tolerable.
I also shaved my head last week! Hair was coming out so my husband shaved both of heads and we had a Prosecco! It’ll grow back so I really wasn’t at all bothered. Are you covering it yet? I’m just wearing mine as my ‘look’, nobody seems to take too much notice really! I wish I could add a photo to show you!
Still walking dogs, doing light Pilates, having the occasional lunch out. It would be great if this 12 weeks stays like this! I know my second 12 is much harsher so these good days really are a bonus!
I hope you’re better this round. After the first week are you managing a relatively normal life also. I really hope so 🤞
Best of luck and big hugs for this next round
Xxx
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2023 at 10:18pm
Hi Wendjc,  

It is so good to hear from you and I am happy you are well and still active!  I too am wearing my shaved head out, no wig or scarves.  I only wear a cap to protect from the sun when walking my dogs.  The sun feels fantastic on my head!  How is the weather in HK?

Congrats on completing #2!  I’m glad your treatments are tolerable.  Neulasta is worth the bone pain.  If I have to endure bone pain for neutrophils then that is what I will do.  At least I know now what to expect .  

Your husband is such a wonderful guy and I’m so happy you have each other!  I’m excited to get #2 done, then only 4 to go!  My tumor has decreased in size significantly already so I’m happy.  Any plans for the weekend?  

I hope your blood counts stay within normal limits and you are able to still do everything you love!

Sending hugs and positivity~
Tiffany
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2023 at 8:07pm
Hi Tiffany,
I hope you’re feeling ok after your last treatment? Not too bad here. I’d say that day 3 seems to be my worst day for lethargy and lack of appetite but again not too bad. I just hope the remainder of my time is like this!
My minimal remaining hair is starting to come out now so I’ve started to cover it as it’s very patchy. Shame as I was just getting used to my new look.
Weather is humid but rainy this time of year. Hopefully we’ll get some sun soon. Sounds like you’ve got some nice sunshine going on there, keeps the mood up!
Do you keep having U/S to check ur tumour size? Great news that it’s shrinking already.
Big hugs 🤗 
Hope ur well enough for an Easter egg 🐣 
Xxxx
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2023 at 10:09pm
Hi Wendjc,

How are you?  Good grief, I’ve been so busy with work my head is spinning.  I’m sorry about my delay in response but I hope all is well and you are still feeling good.  I have treatment 3 on Thursday and I’ll be half way done!  

Do you only get one day of lethargy and decreased appetite?  Mine lasts about 4 days but that’s ok.  I’m happy I really didn’t get too much bone pain this time around.  

I too liked my buzzed hair and I have bald patches too.  I’m actually not covering my head much except if I’m out in the sun.  I thought I would be more self-conscious about not having hair but it really does not bother me.  I’m enjoying not having to shave 😀!

My surgeon wants another breast MRI prior to surgery but that’s all for now.  After surgery I’m not sure of the plan but I’m guessing imaging every 3 months because of my BRCA mutation.  

Three colleagues or their family where I work have also been diagnosed with cancer this year.  My friends son was diagnosed with testicular cancer and he is only 28yo!  I have no idea why so many young people are being diagnosed with cancers.  Scary!

What season are you in now in Hong Kong?  We are in Spring and the sunshine definitely makes things better!

Please stay well and sending positivity your way!!
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2023 at 10:04pm
Hi Tiffany,

How are you doing after your last treatment? I can’t believe I’ve only got one cycle left and then I’m onto the dreaded Red Devil!
I’m still feeling mostly okay. I think it makes a difference that I don’t have to go to work or take care of kids etc. I can rest as needed so I guess I don’t notice how different I am feeling as I don’t feel unwell the majority of the time. I’m getting fatter which I’m not happy about but I guess that’s steroids and water retention. I guess if that’s the worst of it!
I am expecting to feel much worse when I have my second lot of chemo, the EC 😬 but let’s see!
How’s ur bone pain? I still haven’t had anything to help my neutrophils and they are fairly low. Hopefully I won’t get an infection. 
I am a bit over it to be honest. It’s just such a long time. Then obviously the worry that none of it will be worth it.
Anyway, saying that, I am okay both physically and mentally. Very few tears or tantrums and no nausea, which is a bonus!
Take care and best of luck xxx

Edited by Wendjc - May 04 2023 at 10:05pm
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2023 at 11:00pm
Hello Wendjc,

How are you friend?  I am so sorry for being offline for so long.  How are you doing with your treatments?  I hope you are well and the red devil was not as terrible as people say. Please fill me in on what has been happening!

I completed 6 rounds of chemo and I am now recovering from my double mastectomy which I just had 17AUG.  Thank God my nodes were negative!  Sore from the surgery but that is ok.  Seeing my Med Onc later this week for next steps.  Speaking of steps, did I tell you I started a team for the Susan G. Komondor breast cancer walk in October?  I’m excited for it!  

I hope you are taking time for you.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  I’m here for you, always.

Lots of hugs,
Tiffany

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic