FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I TNBC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bohartois View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohartois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I TNBC?
    Posted: Sep 03 2022 at 1:36pm
On Wednesday I saw my surgeon for my follow up appointment. They tumor removed had clear margins and the 6 lymph nodes were clear. She then said that I am stage 1, grade 2 and my estrogen is low positive at 3% and progesterone and HER2 were negative. I didn’t think much of it until I posted on Facebook and someone commented, wouldn’t that make you triple negative?  I don’t know much about it and I haven’t been confirmed as being such as I have an appointment on the 12th with radiation oncology and have yet to hear about medical oncology.  What do I need to know, questions to ask and treatments I will need?  Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am now worried as I see that 5his is not a good one to have. Can anyone help me please?
cookie54 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2022 at 11:12am
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/understanding-a-breast-cancer-diagnosis/breast-cancer-hormone-receptor-status.html

Hi Bohartois, Here is a link explaining types of breast cancer according to receptors. In  my opinion any breast cancer that is Stage I is a better place to be in the cancer world. Obviously nobody wants to have cancer at all but early stage is a good thing ,so try to focus on that!
So you are going for consult with RO on the 12th, were you advised to consult with medical oncologist? Typically when you go for consult they will discuss how many sessions of radiation you need and all of the side effects. They also should give you a packet explaining your treatment and what creams they advise for radiation skin changes. I personally felt ok during therapy but obviously everyone is different.

Sending positive energy and well wishes as you start your therapy.
8/16,IDC,StageIA,Gr3,0/1 nodes ER-PR-HER2-
9/16 BMX,AC
6/20,StageIIIC,Gr3,ER-/PR-HER2-
6/20 Carbo/Gem/pembro
10/20 ALND 5/8 nodes,Rad x25
11/20 thyroid ca
Xeloda2/21
Stage IV 6/22 lung mets

Bohartois View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohartois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2022 at 11:56am
Thank you.  Yes stage 1 is good, but not having it at all would be better.  Thank you for the link.  When they called to book the appointment she said it was for RO and that she hadn't heard yet for MO.  So not sure if I'm getting one or not.

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2022 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Bohartois Bohartois wrote:

On Wednesday I saw my surgeon for my follow up appointment. They tumor removed had clear margins and the 6 lymph nodes were clear. She then said that I am stage 1, grade 2 and my estrogen is low positive at 3% and progesterone and HER2 were negative. I didn’t think much of it until I posted on Facebook and someone commented, wouldn’t that make you triple negative?  I don’t know much about it and I haven’t been confirmed as being such as I have an appointment on the 12th with radiation oncology and have yet to hear about medical oncology.  What do I need to know, questions to ask and treatments I will need?  Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am now worried as I see that 5his is not a good one to have. Can anyone help me please?

I found a couple of articles about "low" Estrogen positive.

A Majority of Low (1-10%) ER Positive Breast Cancers Behave Like Hormone Receptor Negative Tumors

Patients with tumors that are ER-positive 1%–9% have clinical and pathologic characteristics different from those with tumors that are ER-positive ≥10%. Similar to patients with ER-negative tumors, those with ER-positive 1%–9% disease do not appear to benefit from endocrine therapy; further study of its clinical benefit in this group is warranted. Also, there is a need to better define which patients of this group belong to basal or luminal subtypes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3999801/

https://ascopubs.org/doi/10.1200/JCO.19.02309

New article published February 2022:

Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor Testing in Breast Cancer: ASCO/CAP Guideline Update

https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/JCO.19.02309

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic