FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keytruda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DebbyO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbyO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keytruda
    Posted: Apr 21 2022 at 11:35am
I have a recurrence of TNBC stage 3 grade 3. I had 2 tumors one operable one is not. Had surgery, chemo, radiation. The tumor behind my breast bone shrunk and is very tiny. Insurance would not pay for PET scan so had CT. My doctor said with a PET scan the area would 'light up' if the cancer was active. I am now on KEYTRUDA. Is anyone else on this immunotherapy infusion? Are you having side effects? It seems to affect my GI tract. I dont want to be taken off this treatment since it helps keep recurrence from happening. I am scared and weary. I have now been in treatment for 15 months. The Keytruda is supposed to be given for 2 years. Has anyone had experience with this treatment. Thank you so much,
cookie54 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2022 at 1:29pm
Hi DebbyO I'm sorry you are having a tough time with Keytruda. I was on Keytruda 
prior to surgery ( 7 treatments) but I was not NED after surgery and they stopped it. However I was lucky to feel fine on it, as you know it is different for everyone. Did you talk to your MO about it? Maybe they can give you some meds to counteract the GI issues. I agree with staying on Keyruda , I was very upset when I could not continue on it so I understand your concern. I am hopeful your MO will be able to manage your side effects.
Best wishes.
8/16,IDC,StageIA,Gr3,0/1 nodes ER-PR-HER2-
9/16 BMX,AC
6/20,StageIIIC,Gr3,ER-/PR-HER2-
6/20 Carbo/Gem/pembro
10/20 ALND 5/8 nodes,Rad x25
11/20 thyroid ca
Xeloda2/21
Stage IV 6/22 lung mets

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 10:47am
Hi DebbyO,

Hope your side effects improve.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic