FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC ECx4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mhb1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhb1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNBC ECx4
    Posted: Mar 13 2021 at 12:47pm
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.
My mom was diagnosed with TNBC.
she is post breast conserving surgery & SLNB, pT1N0 grade III with clear margins.
she is now advised to start adjuvant chemotherapy, EC or AC x4 followed by Docetaxel(Taxotere) x4 and i was wondering if any one the same regimen and what are your experience?
LadyDi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2022 at 12:42pm
Hi this is my first post here too! Recent diagnosis pT1NO 1.2 cm TNBC B/L mastectomy (elective) and starting chemo soon. I have been reading studies about chemo and thought you might like this article. I am planning to ask my MO if I can receive TC (dosetaxel and cyclophosphamide) instead of adriamycin. My tumor may be too large for it to be recommended. I was told pre-op it could be an option if my tumor is close to 1cm. 

How is your mom? 

Gerald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2022 at 11:44pm
Dear LadyDi,

I am the adult son of a TNBC patient who is in active treatment (done with neoadjuvant chemo and surgery ... now going through radiation)  I am not a physician and can only note experience from our case.  Mom was diagnosed at stage 1B, KI-67 = 50%

My mom was given a choice between anthracycline and non-anthracycline courses of therapy.  She chose the anthracycline course  (DD AC-T)  In her early seventies, evaluation of heart condition was a significant step.  Since her chemo came prior to surgery, she could physically feel the tumor shrinking and eventually dissolving primarily while on the anthracycline based portion.  Although not diagnostic - it was encouraging to her.   Then after the taxane course and surgery, PCR was noted in her case so that is exciting.

Only time will tell if cardiotoxicities from the anthracycline portion were worth the risk.  So far there have been welcome results regarding treatment of the cancer.

I would guess your MO will take into acount your KI-67 % and other proliferation risk factors.  Retrospective studies are remarkably useful but it is tough for them to isolate all variables.

Respect to you and best wishes for your upcoming decisions.
Kind Regards,
Gerald

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic