FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lifestyle modifications - prognosis and more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lifestyle modifications - prognosis and more
    Posted: Nov 03 2020 at 10:31pm
Here is an article that summarizes most concerned lifestyle issues after diagnosis of breast cancer. It may have been posted it somewhere on the forum...

The key points:
• Physical activity has the strongest effect on reducing the risk of breast cancer recurrence and death. 
• All patients with breast cancer (except for those who have an abnormally low body mass index before diagnosis) should avoid gaining weight. 
• Patients who are obese and those who smoke have a higher risk of cancer recurrence, but it is unclear whether their prognosis can be improved by weight loss or smoking cessation. 
• Soy consumption is not harmful.

It also talked about the effect of using alcohol, smoke, Vitamin D, E, etc. 

Got to do my daily exercise now! 

Dx 12-27-2019 TN,Stg 1, Grade 3 Ultrasound 1.5cm/MRI 1.8cm, node-,BRAC-.
DD AC x 4, ultrasound cCR;
DD T x 4
Lumpectomy:5-28-2020; 0/2 nodes. pCR.
Radiation: 20x
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2020 at 1:29pm
Vivian, thank you for that useful and, for me, encouraging article!

I was a healthy, active, slim woman before diagnosis but now I have a real incentive to up my game. 

I love my new figure and lifestyle and the article just about sums up all my own thinking on the matter.

Enjoy your daily exercise AND the better, improved youSmile
Vivian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2020 at 6:24pm
Hi Plume, I am glad you found the article helpful and reassuring. I, like you, like how I am living my life now. Exercise is the biggest piece of my daily watch. Keep moving and keep improving is the goalSmile
Dx 12-27-2019 TN,Stg 1, Grade 3 Ultrasound 1.5cm/MRI 1.8cm, node-,BRAC-.
DD AC x 4, ultrasound cCR;
DD T x 4
Lumpectomy:5-28-2020; 0/2 nodes. pCR.
Radiation: 20x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic