FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To AC or not AC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yestalinem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yestalinem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To AC or not AC
    Posted: Jul 16 2020 at 3:34am
Hello Ladies, 

My mom was diagnosed w/ TNBC (invasive ductal carcinoma) 3 weeks ago; she's 58 and fairly healthy (she has HPV); her tumor is 3cm, stage 2, w/ no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes. She's had an ultrasound, MRI and PET scan. We've received 2 opinions from leading oncologists. They both suggest chemo pre-surgery and radiation post surgery and the surgeons both suggest lumpectomy (although my mom is thinking of getting a mastectomy to be safe, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it). They also both suggest she start with Taxol/Carbo, however one suggests A+C after the Taxol/Carbo and the other one only suggests A+C IF she sees that the Taxol/Carbo did not work well (but they won't know for sure until surgery so that makes me nervous). I have been reading about A+C and am conflicted since I know the side effects, although rare, are scary as hell, but that the aggressiveness of the chemo can prevent reoccurrence. I was wondering if any of you had any advice as to whether we should go with the Taxol/Carbo plus the A.C. or just the Taxol/Carbo? 

I have been reading posts in this forum since the day my mom was diagnosed with TNBC and it has been such a hub of information. I am so grateful for this resource and for all of you sharing your stories and your advice. The support of the TNBC community is inspiring, so thank you. 

Madison5454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madison5454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2020 at 8:25pm
Hello,

Please see this thread

Donna added some info that might be helpful. The thread is found under Welcome New Members Topic Carboplatimum vs ACT.

Best,
Madison
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic