FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leg pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mathlady1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathlady1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leg pain
    Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 5:33am
Had my first dose of Taxotere and Cytoxan 4 days ago. This was followed with Neulasta (which I'm grateful for considering the Covid-19 issue.) I am having serious pain in my legs, to the point where it's waking me up at night. Tylenol takes the edge off, but it doesn't go away. 
Anyone else deal with this? How long should I expect it to last? What can I do to relieve the ache so I can get some decent sleep?

Marymom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 9:33pm
Mathlady,
Sorry you are going through this during this time.  I had severe leg pain/cramps. I would stretch and place a pillow in between my legs.  It helped.  Try yoga...I would lay in bed and flex my legs and of course the yoga moves helped the most.

Stay healthy.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2020 at 8:16am
Hi Mathlady,

Has it gotten any better?  I was one who had terrible side effects from the Neulasta shot.  It meant it was working, but I would get flu like symptoms, terrible bone pain in the legs, hip area, back.  It lasted a couple of days usually 18 - 36 hours.  Ibuprofen and heating pads helped.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

mathlady1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathlady1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2020 at 8:40am
Donna - It did finally ease up after about three days. I took ibuprofen and acetaminophen which eased it a bit, but never completely knocked it out. I'm going to ask my oncologist for a prescription strength pain killer (one of those two drugs above) for the next time - I need to sleep!
Thanks for asking.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2020 at 6:46pm
Mathlady,

Yes, I remember resorting to the pain pills used after surgery to help get me through those 36 - 48 hours.  I know I had an extreme side effect from the Neulasta shot.  After treatment ended and I found out I was osteopenia, I had one infusion of Reclast (Zometa).  I experienced the same terrible bone pain as the Neulasta shot.  My bone density doctor said it showed I really responded to the drug and increased bone density, but had terrible side effects.  She mentioned that if I need another infusion in the future, we are going to go with Xgeva (Prolia) instead because side effects are not as severe.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic