FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long-Time Survivor Nutrition Care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lorene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long-Time Survivor Nutrition Care
    Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 1:15pm
It's been a long time since I've posted, but first of all, I praise my Lord and Savior to have been with me and seen me through to my now "18" years post-diagnosis of TNBC!!  I'm doing great and have had No recurrences!  My question is on the safety of 1 particular nutrition supplement for osteoporosis.  I've been taking bone supplements Vit. D3, calcium, magnesium, and K2 for some years now with no problem.  I've also been getting the Prolia injections for osteoporosis for over 5 years.  My Rhuematologist has told me to stop the K2 because it can cause blood clots.  My understanding is the K2 is an important part of the bone regimen, as it helps calcium Into the bones and, at the same time, keeps calcium Out of arteries, thereby preventing heart attack.  Any thoughts, comments, on your experience or knowledge and how to handle this situation would be Greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Lorene
dx10/01@age59,IDC TNBC, St.IIB,Gr3,2.5cm,3+nodes, epirubicin,5FU,cytoxan,33Rads,No recurrence, 2018
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic