FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you for giving me hope and knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AJCareGiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJCareGiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you for giving me hope and knowledge
    Posted: Aug 25 2017 at 12:30pm
Thank you for all those who share your stories, knowledge and encouragement here.  I am a care-giver and big sister helping my sister navigate and battle her cancer once again. We found out this week that her TNBC has returned (first diagnosed and treated in 2015 at the age of 32) and the doctor in our area (small to mid-sized town) has recommended we seek care in a larger city and/or clinical trials.  Luckily, we are not that far away from Chicago and we have a couple of appointments lined up for next week to discuss treatment options because doing nothing is not an option.  In the meantime, I have begun researching and have used your posts as a springboard for my research of different treatment options and inspiration to stay positive, informed, hopeful and persistent.  

Nevertheless, she persisted.
Thank you!
gordon15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordon15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2017 at 7:16pm
I'm sorry your younger sister has a recurrence of TNBC  , my wife had a recurrance also, and we are in a big city of San Diego so I think that gets you more options,to go to a bigger city if you have the means...

You havn't given much detail on your sister's stage, but we wish you all the strength

G & L
wife: IDC/Lobular Stage2B 2008 lumpectomy/TAC+rads
TNBC Stage 3A/w/metaplastic/squamous Nov2015 Carboplatin-Gemzar chemo/masectomy Taxolchemo+rads 4-16
PET scan stable 9-2016/ 1-2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic