FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 years and 27 days...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jusright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 years and 27 days...
    Posted: Oct 20 2016 at 11:08am
I celebrated 5 years cancer free Sep 8th and 27 days later I was diagnosed, AGAIN, with triple negative breast cancer. It's in the left breast this time. I had a clear mammogram in Aug and started having pain in my breast later in Sep. Chemo for sure, but am not sure on what kind of surgery I need, or want.

Raymond and I met with my oncologist, Dr Minter, Wednesday and he explained the chemo I would be getting this time around, cytoxan and taxotere. Four doses, every 3 weeks and I going to lose my hair again.

Met with my surgeon, Dr Taber, Thursday. They want to wait for genetics test but looks like either way its going to be double mastectomy with reconstruction. I have extremely dense breast and after looking at my mammogram again, from Aug, they can't see this new lump. He said I could have lumpectomy, but would need yearly MRI's. My best bet is the mastectomies as they would give me the best percentage of survival. They cannot get 100% of breast tissue, it's impossible.

Waiting for appointment with plastic surgeon, Dr Haines. Probably surgery will be last week in Oct or first week in November.

Well, insurance wouldn't approve Dr Haines, so have appointment Tues with Dr Leppard.

I can't remember what all those initials mean in everyone's signature.

barrycarrot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrycarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2016 at 12:21pm
I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. Hugs, Love, and Prayers to you and your family. You beat it once, you will do it again! Keep your head up! We are here for you!
Age 40, DX: 12/10/15 Stage 1 TNBC, BRCA-, 7mm tumor in left breast, no nodes, ACT Chemo 1/4/16 - 4/15/16, Lumpectomy 5/16/16, PCR (Praise God!), radiation 6/22/16 -8/3/2016
Ssam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2016 at 3:43pm
Don't give up.  You beat it for 5 years and you can do it again. Take it all one day at a time. Sending love and best wishes to you.
Dx Dec 2015. Stage 1 Grade 2.
6mm tumour. No lymph nodes involved. No chemo. 20 rads. Age 50.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2016 at 9:34am
Jusright,

I'm sorry you are dealing with this new diagnosis.  We are here for you.  Hugs

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Katdoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katdoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2016 at 6:59pm
I am so sorry this is happening to you. But you can do it. I have been through bilateral mastectomy. The surgery and reconstruction were much easier to deal with than I anticipated. Feel free to send me a private message if you have questions or want to know more about my experience. Hugs to you.
Tested positive for BRCA1 mutation (187delAG) in 4/09 @ age 44; BSO 9/09; diagnosed w/TNBC in 10/09; 1 cm Stage 1 TNBC IDC, grade 3 + 1.5 cm DCIS; BMX 11/09, nodes clear; chemo (AC/T).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic