FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Members in the WNY Area????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WNYMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Members in the WNY Area????
    Posted: Aug 05 2015 at 5:44pm
I am looking to touch base with members in the Western New York area. 

Thank you!
Tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2015 at 9:04pm
WNYMom,
I live in Cattaraugus County. I was diagnosed with TNBC in March of 2014 at 48 years old. I had a 1.8 cm lump and was referred to the Breast Care Center of WNY. I opted for a lumpectomy, followed by partial radiation (2x a day for 5 days) then 4 rounds of AC and 12 rounds of Taxol.
It has been a journey . . . All through treatment - I did not meet one other patient with TNBC so I turned to this forum.
At times I wonder what is "normal" - I was running a low grade fever a week ago and called my family physician to get checked. Thankfully it was just a virus!
I am just beginning to feel like I have my energy back. It took longer than anticipated but I am walking almost every day and actually felt great jogging this week.
May God bless you,
Tamara
annemalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annemalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2015 at 12:31pm
Hi there,

Sorry for the late response- I haven't been on this site in months!

I am from WNY- specifically, I live in Lancaster. 

I was dx in July 2007, a week after my 37th birthday.  My breast surgeon is Dr. Bauer and my oncologist is Dr. Soniwala.....he is a literally a life-saver!

I've been in and out of treatment due to recurrences for the past 8 years- I've had a lumpectomy, robotic thoracic surgery and a left mastectomy, all followed up with chemo and rads various times; the past 2 years I have been on chemo for maintenance to keep the bastard tumors in my lymph nodes contained. 

WNY Mom and Tamara- Hope you are both doing well!!

Edited by annemalo - Sep 30 2015 at 12:33pm
DX:7/07 age 37, 0 LNs, ACT, Rads, BRCA-

Recur 8/09 IMLN Taxotere/Xeloda, LN res, left mast, rads

2nd recur 11/10 2 Supraclavic LN, Gem-Carbo     

3rd recur 6/13 LNs. Xeloda, Navelbene, Gem, Halaven
WNYMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2015 at 3:59pm
Tamara - Thank you for writing back! It sounds like you are doing better and better each day. Hang in there! 

Annemalo - I live near Williamsville. I was dx, Sept 2014 at 41. I had a lumpectomy, AC+T and rads. I finished up available treatments at the end of April 2015. I am so sorry to hear that you have had recurrences. You are brave and courageous. 

Let me know if you would ever like to touch base.

Be well!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic