FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neulasta Shot at Home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neulasta Shot at Home
    Posted: Mar 04 2015 at 8:17am
The Neulasta shot is given 24 hours after chemotherapy requiring the patient to return for the shot.  Neulasta is now available for the patient to self administer the day after chemo.

Amgen Announces Launch Of New NeulastaŽ (Pegfilgrastim) Delivery Kit

Neulasta Delivery Kit Provides Administration Option for Patients who may not Otherwise Need to Return to Clinic or Hospital the day After Chemotherapy

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Laxminarsimha_ForMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laxminarsimha_ForMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2015 at 6:02am
After 24 hours of chemotherapy, my mother taking grafeel 300 mcg injection daily for 3 days.
Tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2015 at 7:37am
Because I live an hour away from my treatment center, my Dr would send the neulasta shot home with me in a cooler and I had a nurse/friend give it to me the next day. That worked very well so I did not have to make that commute 2 days in a row especially when I was not feeling the best the day after chemo. Very grateful to my Dr. for this option
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic