FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

carbo/taxol after AC? better response?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
turbo81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carbo/taxol after AC? better response?
    Posted: Sep 19 2014 at 9:51pm
new here, dont know where to start!

33 years old, Diagnosed about 10 wks ago, 6 wks after doing my first Ironman.  Assumed it was necrotic tissue from a bike accident... it wasnt.

TNBC, 4.7cm, grade 3 tumor right breast, possible chest wall involvement (its sitting right against the pectoral muscle with a 1.6 cm area of enhancement), BRCA -ve

MRI, PET and biopsy of suspicious node showed no node involvement - no sentinal node biopsy until surgery.

Just finished 4 rounds of AC and had an MRI,  about to start 12 rounds of taxol + 4 rounds carbo

MRI showed still against the pec muscle but its about 25 to 30% smaller

Anyone have any experience with carbo and taxol after AC with a tumor against the pectoral?   The docs said they are really hoping it lifts away.  I'm scared because of the less than hoped reaction to AC.

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2014 at 9:04pm
Hi Turbo,

Sorry you have a reason to be here, TNBC that is, but I think you'll find some very nice and caring people that understand what you are going through.  I hope you get a good response to the Taxol/Carbo.  It seems that adding the Carbo is a great plus for us TNBCers.  

You might try to post in the Welcome New Members section as more people will see your posts.  Wishing you the best!  You're halfway through chemo!

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2014 at 9:08pm
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2014 at 11:53pm
Hi Turbo,

I am coming up on three years from my lumpectomy after having neo-adjuvant chemo of AC and 12 Taxol. My tumor was initially smaller than yours, but probably about that size in the few weeks til treatment began. They did not do any scans during treatment at all for me.

Before treatment, my MRI showed just the tiniest hair width of a dark line between the tumor and my chest wall. The original surgeon said he would take part of the muscle. I had to go with a different surgeon because of insurance and she said no muscle. However, when I got the final biopsy report, she had, in fact taken a bit of muscle too.

I will be three years next month with no recurrence, knock on wood! Hope you continue getting shrinkage with the Taxol and the Carbo. Good luck!
Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
rosewater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2014 at 12:09pm
Hi Deb, I notice that you were in a Cisplatin/PARP trial. How did the trial go for you? Are you BRCA+? I just found out that I'm BRCA 2+ and am curious about how PARP's are working for people. So happy to see you are 3 years out!!

Thank you!
Rosewater
DX IDC TNBC 03/14 age 40, Stage 1, Grade 3, 2cm, 0/4Nodes, lumpectomy 04/14, DD A/C x4, Taxol x12, Carboplatin x2, BMX 10/14, rads x28 Finished Jan 14/15, Oopherectomy Jan 29/15 BRCA 2+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic